My Wa State P&Y Record Book Buck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis1

Reaction score
This is Old, but he’s worth showing off again :D I killed this Mule Deer Buck with my Mathews Switchback Bow in 05 i believe it was? I have the Tag in a Photo album here somewhere. He finish scored and entered the Wa State Pope & Young Record Books at 170-1/8” I stil drive the same little Toyota pickup, just a little more for wear :D

IpGKQKBl.jpg

CoHiCntry said:
Nice buck!
Thank you! I was proud of him! I seen another Buck with him that was Very noticeably bigger, I would say he was a Solid 190” Buck, just never had an opportunity with my Bow

Idaholewis said:
CoHiCntry said:
Nice buck!
Thank you! I was proud of him! I seen another Buck with him that was Very noticeably bigger, I would say he was a Solid 190” Buck, just never had an opportunity with my Bow
Wow... a 190 buck is a big one!  I've yet to shoot a big buck in the velvet.  I usually deer hunt in November during the rifle season.  I did shoot a weird cactus type buck in the velvet during the muzzleloader season years ago.  He was a small one though...

When still living on the farm near Estes Park CO we had a visitor every fall for close to a dozen seasons. The DOW claimed he was in the 190-195 range, we would hunt are butts off trying to get close - never happened he was smarter than us. One fall a few years after he hadn't been seen a neighbor called and said they had seen him on our place again. I went up on the hill to check on the horses and found the old boy had went down and passed on (sad to see him go, but thankful to have watched him for many seasons).  

I'll have to look we have pictures of him alive and his rack and skull after passing, these big guys got big because they are smart. I'll find the pictures and put them up this week.

Latest posts

Back