NE Muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandhillshunter

Reaction score
Well after a great rifle season, muzzle loader was a little let down. We didn't see many bucks during rifle season and seen even less during ml season. Seen does but not as many as normal. It was still fun getting out and all. Nebraska has a late doe season during the first two weeks in January. So now time to put meat in the freezer next weekend. I hope anyway.

Thought I'd share one of my pictures. Sorry for the bad phone photo, but its all I have.

IMG_0375.JPG

May I ask about how the mule deer are there & seasons? My son is dreaming of a mule deer hunt, I had heard Nebraska was a good place for OTC tags. Thanks for any help

Patrick,
Not many mule deer in my area, as they tend to be a bit further west. I'm just of the edge of their range. With that, Nebraska does have them though and some studs too. ML season is Dec.1 -31st. You looking for DIY or guided? Public land is limited in Nebraska, but with that, there are places to pull off a hunt. Really comes down to what your expectations are.

Looking for a DYI. Somewhere we could camp - it’s a dream at this point but - just putting feelers out for anyone in the know. Could also do a swap hunt for whitetail here at my place in mid mo

Looking for a DYI. Somewhere we could camp - it’s a dream at this point but - just putting feelers out for anyone in the know. Could also do a swap hunt for whitetail here at my place in mid mo

I can point you in a few directions. Let me get through this next week and I can send you info, or even do a call. DIY Nebraska mule deer is going to be hard, but it is do able. I know guys that have done it and they have taken some nice deer. With you being from MO, it would make a lot of sense.

I hunted NE last year for both Pheasants and Deer muzzleloader season. I was up by Crawford, NE. I passed on a few small Whitetails. I primarily looked for food sources near bedding areas. I was there the 2nd week of December. It did get very cold and a storm blew in and shut everything down. I did knock on some doors and a landowner did let me hunt. I often used a portable ground blind. Here is a link to explore public hunting areas in Nebraska.
Public Access Atlas - Nebraska Game and Parks

Latest posts

Back