A Doe and a “Buck”

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie Huntsman

Reaction score
I’ll share a couple of photos. This first one is a doe I killed this past October during Muzzleloader season. I had been hunting all week with my TC New Englander but it was raining this day so I switched to my little New England Arms Huntsman so I could have a protected ignition cap. I bought this Huntsman (I have two of the 70’s model guns when it was still H&R in 58 cal) in the early 2000’s and have taken so many deer with it. It is a tack driver using Powerbelt 50 caliber (295 gr) hollow points pushed by 95 grains of 777.

08C8E2D0-2D1B-438D-8F19-B28D19B7C342.jpeg

This second picture I have posted in the Traditional forum. Long story short, the gun in the picture, a 50 cal Traditions Buckskinner, was given to me and I have been trying to work up an accurate squirrel load for it. It’s not quite there but was good enough yesterday that I took a walk to see if I could get a shot at something in season. Killed this buck with it. Thirty grains 777 pushing a patched round ball. I will continue to tweak things trying for more consistent accuracy.

F016865E-729B-4592-87D6-62FE88D33AAE.jpeg

Back