Need some help with nikon inline bdc 300

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
here"s the deal I went on nikons spot on app and put in my load witch is a barnes 250gr spitfire t-ez 85 fr of Bh by volume witch should equal 100gr of t7 two pellets. They just give you a choice of powder charge but does not state what typ of powder so I put in a powder charge of 100gr"s figureing that would equal 85gr of blachorn well they have the velocity with that load at1430
That can't be right correct?just wondering if anyone else here has used the spot on app with that scope thanks smitty

Yup I've seen that the thing as the spot on app just show a hundred gr powder charge all powder is different but 100gr of any powder will get you over ther 1400fps lm very confused I massaged them but they have not yet got back to me
Thanks smitty

On step 2:, towards the bottom, you will see a 'Customize Load/Ammo/Bullet Detail' box. Click on that and input your data under ENTER HANDLOAD INFO
SNzOyiE.jpg

XbSdZ0P.jpg

I've done all that the problem I'm have is with the powder. It just asks how many gr"s of powder your using but how can they figure the velocity without knowing what kind of powder. It has my velocity at 1420 thats 85grs of bh and a 250gr bullet. can't be right in my eyes it should be around 1700

I'm use my phone now but the same on my computer. I knew it wouldn't be spot on and would take some range work but the way I see it ther pretty far off 200+god off

Yes, on my laptop. My iPad/iphone app works the same but looks a little different. I just checked my phone again and it has a 'Enter Handload Info' click-on tab.

Smitty, I'm not quite sure what your hung up on? I too feel the numbers that are given in the app are slow but you can change the velocity to anything you like.

I just went to the website to use it that way. Much better than my app. Maybe i need to update. They need more bullet choices for MLs. Being able to change the fps and BC helps with not having much bullet and powder choices, for sure.

Yea well they are just getting ther ballistics from bullet weight and velocity my guess is it's anuff to get started dialing it in and I'm sure I will spend a few hours at the range finishing it off again thank for the help
Smitty

I realize your doing research, but once sorta ballpark, range time is required. I really want shots inside of 150 yards too, ideally 75 or less.

Even in open areas there are always favorite corners & such for activity. That’s where I want to be, breeze in my favor.

Back