Neighbor called yesterday

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Said "Hey buddy, you interested in a compound bow"? I said normally I'd say yes but I just bought one - why? He said I have one here and I no longer have any use for it. (He had his leg amputated and no longer hunts). Said it has a dozen Easton arrows with field tips, half dozen Razorback broadheads, bow quiver, 2 releases, arm guard. The bow itself is a High Country and has a stabilizer, single pin sight with adjustable yardage (don't know the make) and a 2 prong arrow rest.and comes with a hard case.
I said what do you want for it. He said I want you to come over and carry it back over to your house! OK - I'll be right over. Bow is in great shape 55-70# draw weight 29-30 draw length. It may be a bit long for me as I have a 28.5" draw but it should be a decent back up bow.

Him and his wife are really nice people. Only thing is that he doesn't believe the Bible is real. I keep telling him the facts but he just won't buy it. I'm planting the seed but it isn't taking root. All his health issues are from his days in Nam and all related to Agent Orange.

I have huge respect for our Viet Nam vets.
Maybe there is something you can do for him now that he only has one leg?
I was 15 when the draft started. My draft card was 1A. I think that meant still in school. Anyway, I was close to going, and would have gone if drafted. Hard for me to understand why we were even there. I wonder if your neighbor had a Randall knife in Nam?

Said "Hey buddy, you interested in a compound bow"? I said normally I'd say yes but I just bought one - why? He said I have one here and I no longer have any use for it. (He had his leg amputated and no longer hunts). Said it has a dozen Easton arrows with field tips, half dozen Razorback broadheads, bow quiver, 2 releases, arm guard. The bow itself is a High Country and has a stabilizer, single pin sight with adjustable yardage (don't know the make) and a 2 prong arrow rest.and comes with a hard case.
I said what do you want for it. He said I want you to come over and carry it back over to your house! OK - I'll be right over. Bow is in great shape 55-70# draw weight 29-30 draw length. It may be a bit long for me as I have a 28.5" draw but it should be a decent back up bow.
That there, is a true friend ! Sorry to hear about his health!

I was 15 when the draft started. My draft card was 1A. I think that meant still in school. Anyway, I was close to going, and would have gone if drafted. Hard for me to understand why we were even there. I wonder if your neighbor had a Randall knife in Nam?
I didn't want to say anything but I do things for him all the time. replacing screens flooring and other odd jobs. I give him heck when he calls and pays a handiman or repairman to come do something I could do. I tell him to call me first and if I don't think I can do what he wants then call someone. But I'm pretty handy and if I have the right tools I can do pretty much anything.

Him and his wife are really nice people. Only thing is that he doesn't believe the Bible is real. I keep telling him the facts but he just won't buy it. I'm planting the seed but it isn't taking root. All his health issues are from his days in Nam and all related to Agent Orange.
You've planted the seed... Let someone else water it... The Son will shine on it. The sermon on Sunday was "The Miracle of the Seed"... As you know, God has said His word will not return void. By doing what you're doing for them, rest assured you ARE being the hands and feet of Christ.

I missed Nam by the skin of my teeth, had my draft card but had the student deferral since I was still in high school. By the time I graduated it was over! Happy me!

It wouldn't hurt to take that bow to a shop for a checkup. The strings and cables don't last forever and it could probably use a tune. These bows store up a lot of a energy and a something letting loose during a shot can be dangerous.

most likely it is what you were taught , We just thought it was our duty , just like our WW2 Fathers

Latest posts

Back