New Category!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
New Category!

I hope you all can use this section! This is an area we really never covered and actually, it SHOULD be the first thing any hunter considers. A cheap pair of boots or jacket, doesn't cut it!

Re: New Category!

Oh boy then you'll never hunt with me . Shorts ,khaki shirt and boots !

I'll start this one off with one word...Polypropylene. This goes on as my first layer next to my skin from head to toe. Socks, pants, long sleeve shirt and gloves. It's super lightweight and will wick the sweat moisture away from your body which will keep you dryer and warmer.

---------------------------------------
p.s. Spitfire, if you ever make it to the northeast USA, bring your Shorts ,khaki shirt and boots. It's perfect for a mid-December hunt. :lol:

Marty same goes for all the clobber you have to wear to survive your hunting season , if we have to wear all that we'll die of heatstroke :lol:

Spitfire said:
Oh boy then you'll never hunt with me . Shorts ,khaki shirt and boots !
When I was over there, all the PHs wore shorts and EVERYTHING had thorns. Their legs looked like they had crawled through barbed wire. Made no sense to me. My legs may have been hot but they weren't shredded.

I agree with Marty.....Polypropylene. He's right on the money there. Cabela's sells these thin white Polypropylene socks. They are a great first layer underneath a warm pair of wool socks in my boots. Your feet feel slippery but they stay warm and dry!

Not every body is as lucky as Spitfire where all you need is a pair of shorts and a golf shirt! :D

Oh i'd love to come over to your side of the pond one day and freeze my behind off while traipsing around the woods !

Marty said:
I'll start this one off with one word...Polypropylene.  This goes on as my first layer next to my skin from head to toe.  Socks, pants, long sleeve shirt and gloves.   It's super lightweight and will wick the sweat moisture away from your body which will keep you dryer and warmer.

---------------------------------------
p.s.  Spitfire, if you ever make it to the northeast USA, bring your Shorts ,khaki shirt and boots.  It's perfect for a mid-December hunt.  :lol:  

When my cousins and myself were young we always hunted with an Uncle (just a few years older than us, maybe 10-12 years). He told me he had more ammo in the glove box in the car, looked and found 'ladies panty hose'. I yelled at him, 'what's the deal with the panty hose', my cousins were in shock, their hero has panty hose??? We had heard he was a ladies man ...

He replied 'I wear them when its really cold, at least that's what I tell your Aunt', now he was really our hero .... 'panty hose' may have to try that one.

Dude... Florida... :sunny:

We don't do heavy coats. 

Boots? I shop at http://www.travelcountry.com 
in Orlando. When I need the most comfortable, 
best, they ain't cheap. But, they are the best. 
I don't order on line. I try on in person. 8)

Poly next to the skin and wool on the outside in cold wet weather, wool is quiet and will keep you warm when wet.

Even the pro football players wear women's pantyhose!

Hey Conner, in Alabama we had the Blizzard of 93 which shut us down for 3 days. I was cold until I put on a pair of pantyhose under my duty pants. I did not care what anyone thought, I stayed warm. Now I am retired but have plenty of polypropylene in my closet.

Latest posts

Back