New fella from Indiana - DWB - Tominator

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there! Just getting ready for turkey season in Iowa and the last several years used my pedersoli sxs. I write and record all the tunes for The Hunting Public and here’s my ML hunt from a few years back.

I am getting a Tominator here shortly and look forward to reading about others’ experiences with theirs!

Welcome.
I have a White Ray Eye Series Tominator. It is serial number 128 of 1,000.
I have killed turkeys at 45 yds with it.
It in my mind is as good as most modern shotguns.

Welcome.
I have a White Ray Eye Series Tominator. It is serial number 128 of 1,000.
I have killed turkeys at 45 yds with it.
It in my mind is as good as most modern shotguns.
That makes me happy! What kind of load do you use? I’ll be starting with Doc’s original recipe and tweak from there!!

That makes me happy! What kind of load do you use? I’ll be starting with Doc’s original recipe and tweak from there!!
Go to Ballistic Products and get the wad shown in the attached pic.

I used Pyrodex RS. Of course to be safe work up your own load on this so I won’t give my powder load.

Then I used 2, 1/8” lubed wool wads.

Then the wad shown in the pic with 1 3/4” ounce of # 6 Nickel Plated shot.

Then a 1/2” fiber wad over that.

The wads are unslit. Experiment with the number of slits and the depth of the slits. I used 3 slits about halfway down. Basically the less slits and less depth of the slits the tighter patterns you have. I didn’t slit deep enough at first and my pattern was about 3” at 25 yards!!!

I pushed the wad down without shot. Then poured the shot in. I ended up using more shot than the wad holds by about 1/8 ounce

I used a hastings aftermarket choke and I’d have to get in my safe to see the restriction.

Sounds confusing but it’s not. This was over 25 years ago, but I know I shot up over 40 lbs of shot to find my load. My final pattern was all pellets inside 30” at 40 yds. No fliers. It’s all about experimenting with those slits in the wad.

I actually can substitute with Goex 2F with the same pattern.

Of all my muzzleloaders (14) my Ray Eye Tominator is my favorite!!

Good Luck

Attachments

• IMG_6645.png
    IMG_6645.png
    346 KB · Views: 0
I also put a 4 x 32 scope on my Tominator with detachable rings for ease of cleaning.
I scope all my turkey guns
I may dig mine out and post a pic
When they discontinued the Tominator I bought 4 boxes of the White Power Cup wads. They are very similar to the Ballistic Products wad I mentioned. They are to be slit as well.
There are 100 wads in each package all unopened. 400 total wads. I have no use of them but would consider selling them.
My Ray Eye Series Tominator is the only one I’ve seen. Of course they only made 1,000. I have seen several of the regular Tominators.

I also put a 4 x 32 scope on my Tominator with detachable rings for ease of cleaning.
I scope all my turkey guns
I may dig mine out and post a pic
Thank you for all that info! I have a pedersoli SxS that I’ve really enjoyed - I was turned onto the White by a pal up north Indiana. Had an option for a knight TK2K or the white and the white wins hands down! What scope mount does it take? I’ll likely red dot mine bc that’s what I know best.

Thank you for all that info! I have a pedersoli SxS that I’ve really enjoyed - I was turned onto the White by a pal up north Indiana. Had an option for a knight TK2K or the white and the white wins hands down! What scope mount does it take? I’ll likely red dot mine bc that’s what I know best.
I don’t remember. May be hard to find a base for the White, IDK
Somebody on here may chime in with info on a base.

Back