New guy on the block !

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone ! I have been shooting & hunting since I've been 10 yrs old thaught by my Dad back home on the farm . later when I was at a range I saw a guy shooting a muzzleloader & got interested & ask questions about them & got Hooked & bought a Thompson Center 54 Cal. Renagade & liked it so much. I then Bought another Thompson Center Encore 209x50 & love it & been Muzzleloading ever Since . I don't know everything there is to know about muzzleloading , but If I can Help Someone I'll Be Glad To Help .

Welcome from Western Virginia.
That's exactly what I did back in 93. Still have the renegade. 54, sold the encore when I bought my White rifles.
Where are you located?

Last edited:
Hi everyone ! I have been shooting & hunting since I've been 10 yrs old thaught by my Dad back home on the farm . later when I was at a range I saw a guy shooting a muzzleloader & got interested & ask questions about them & got Hooked & bought a Thompson Center 54 Cal. Renagade & liked it so much. I then Bought another Thompson Center Encore 209x50 & love it & been Muzzleloading ever Since . I don't know everything there is to know about muzzleloading , but If I can Help Someone I'll Be Glad To Help .
That's great to hear about your passion for shooting and hunting, especially muzzleloading! It's wonderful that you're willing to share your knowledge and help others who are interested in the same hobby. Experience and expertise like yours can be invaluable for newcomers looking to learn more about muzzleloading. If you have any specific tips or advice you'd like to share or if you have any questions related to muzzleloading, feel free to ask or provide your insights! Welcome to the forum from Nj 👏👏

That's great to hear about your passion for shooting and hunting, especially muzzleloading! It's wonderful that you're willing to share your knowledge and help others who are interested in the same hobby. Experience and expertise like yours can be invaluable for newcomers looking to learn more about muzzleloading. If you have any specific tips or advice you'd like to share or if you have any questions related to muzzleloading, feel free to ask or provide your insights! Welcome to the forum from Nj 👏👏
Thank you ! Also I'm an advid saltwater fisherman , my very favorite is tog fishing ,but enjoy all bottom fishing . If I'm not hunting I'm fishing. In the woods or on the ocean or in my garage reloading rifle bullets or making fishing jigs !

Thank you ! Also I'm an advid saltwater fisherman , my very favorite is tog fishing ,but enjoy all bottom fishing . If I'm not hunting I'm fishing. In the woods or on the ocean or in my garage reloading rifle bullets or making fishing jigs !
You're welcome! It sounds like you have a deep passion for outdoor activities like fishing, hunting, and even reloading ammunition. That's a diverse range of interests that must keep you busy and connected to nature. Do you have any favorite fishing spots or memorable fishing stories you'd like to share?

My favorite fishing spot is narragansett, Rhode Island because it has the best Tog fishing I have ever done . My biggest to date is 10 1/2 Lbs. & my son's biggest is 17 1/2 Lbs. Monster ! I also love to Fluke fish & have caught 11 over 10 LBs. so far . I usually go to Belmar mostly in NJ & sometimes Cape May .

Latest posts

Back