New Ithaca Deerslayer III's...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcchartboy

Reaction score
Additional info on the Ithaca Deerslayer III's for that might be interested...

JC
---------------------------------------
The new DeerSlayer III starts with the same design premise as the original that was manufactured in New York: Mate a heavy, fixed, rifled barrel to the classic M37 action for substantial gains in long range accuracy. The heavy barrel makes for greater stability and less felt recoil.

We have made some revisions to the early design, though: The barrel now has a rifle-like taper (as opposed to the "straight tube" look it used to have) and sports longitudinal flutes that make the new DeerSlayer III approximately 20% lighter than the original (9.5 lbs. versus 12 lbs.). Also, our distinctive stock and flat-on-the-bottom forend for the DS III make it comfortable for hunters to shoot from a bipod or other gun support that they carry into the field to enhance aiming stability.

Finally, since the DS III is a purpose-specific "bean field slug gun" for taking one's quarry from longer distances, it has no open sights-- but a weaver rail for mounting one's scope of choice is included.

Matthew Marshall

DeerslayerIII.jpg

Looks real nice! 9 1/2 pounds though? Thats a horse for sure. Would like to see how it shoots.

Thanks JC!

Looks great! I would love to add one to my collection!

DeerslayerIII.jpg

That DSIII paired with Chuck's Docter Optic he has in the Buy/Sell would be just unbelievable!!!!

2006rangepics%20282.jpg

I really can't BELIEVE that scope hasn't sold yet. :huh?:

Back