New Project

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Been watching for a few days now but I got an unfinished brand new untouched CVA Hawken stock on ebay today! They had the barrel for it but they went nuts at $147 so I figured I can order one from deercreek for $85 and have it good IF I decide to keep the stock. I will be finishing it the way I normally do, get all the brass cleaned and polished and possibly resell it. MAYBE... I have been wanting a tradtional sidelock again now that i got that custom 50cal mold.

If I do the build, I will go with the 50cal barrel "even though a 54 makes me warm all over lol" and hope to draw a bear/deer tag for my unit next year and hunt one of the back yard bucks/bear come Sept/Oct.
T2eC16VzEE9s3YlBQbPZ4mg60_57.jpg

My brother bought a .50 cal Thompson Center Hawken, I believe back in the 70's. It has "never" been fired yet. I'll have to talk him into getting it out one of these days and trying it.

If you do go with a .54 go for a ball twist and use the best bullet in the world ...PRB ;)

CRAP! I made the mistake of asking if they have the 54cal barrel in 15/16th and they do! Ever do something stupid like that and it makes things harder to decide on? LOL

Your new bullets will be a bit loose. No matter how much you knurl them. :clown:

hell Ive already decided to go with the 50 lol. I know the other hawken is shooting the bullets good with no crown so why not get another one up and running?

My school went to a colonial town for a field trip last week and the blacksmith was working on a flintlock, I didn't look very closely but it looked like a .50. When we got there he was making a 'flash hole pick'/'priming powder flask stopper'. Needless to say I was wishing I could have left carrying that gun. :(

Know what you mean , i'd like to take every gun i lay eyes on home as well.....

Latest posts

Back