New Rem Mauser Action?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
Just read a blurb in a magazine re: Model 798.? The Model 98 Mauser Action

Anyone know whuts up???

Y...it is the old "mauser" action everyone else used to import from Zavasta. I believe that would include the Charles Daleys, Inter arms-X, etc etc. In fact Charles Daly was forced to stop selling the actions so Remington could have the exclusive rights...

Bottom line...old product/new packaging...

One of the first changes you will notice is that we are no longer importing any products from Zastava of Serbia. All of our Mauser and Mini-Mauser bolt action rifles, barreled actions and actions as well as our Superior II rimfire rifles and the ZDA pistols are now discontinued. Zastava has decided to join with Remington Arms for now, so in the very near future you should be able to purchase Mauser (Remington Model 798), Mini-Mauser (Remington Model 799) and Zastava rimfire rifles (Remington Model Five) for approximately 10% more than you were paying for the Charles Daly brand. We don?t think Remington will be selling actions or barreled actions but that remains to be seen.
http://www.charlesdaly.com/newsletter/v ... email.html

Thanks Jeff.

I know Rem gets banged around sometimes but i have had pretty good success with their guns. Have a 700 DM SS 300 Win & 06 in the 700 ADL. Both have served me well & are fine shooters.

Sorta glad the Rem 798 aint available in the 35 Whelan...I dont need anuther gun!! :lol: :lol:

Loggy,

I have no idea of the final quality of these guns. I was only trying to relay the fact that in terms of Mauser design this was not a new action in way.
In fact Remington claims to be sorting every action and using the better pieces in their guns.(similar to the Savage's being reviewed before HB's customization).
As you know the stock work, trigger adjustments, etc. could also make a world of difference between this gun and others that have come before it.
I personally find this gun to be one of the more interesting additions to the factory lines in recent years...

JEFF

They are decent actions but I wonder if the barrels are Remingtons. If so a Mini with a Rem barrel in .223 might be a good value and good shooter.

Nice lookin gun UC!!

I had a 35 Whelen in the 1988 700 Classic Edition & sold. Sure wish i woulda kept! Rem has finally came out with the 35 Whelen in the 700 CDL line. Likely I will kick myself in the butt down lifes road for sellin my HB No. 104 too!! :lol:

Back