New to me Knight kp1's

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remiel

Reaction score
So I stumbled upon 3 slightly neglected Knight kp1 rifles with both 50cal BP and some centerfire barrels (3 .223, 20ga slug and. 270) I know parts are unobtainium, but other than 2 missing recoil pads, a pivot pin and the 270 barrel needing work due to rust, I am wondering on 2 things.
1. Would O1 tool steel work for a replacement pivot pin?
2. What kind of issues/quirks should I look for?

The good is all the bores save for the 270 are either unfired or near mint from what I have seen, the 270 has rust damage from the 1st owner stacking these in the basement like cord wood, and all are low serial numbers 1000 or less(0900 to under 1100), the bad is the pitting in and on the muzzle of the 270, minor pitting on the surface of the rest, and the camo pair were disassembled, and missing the aforementioned parts.

Attachments

• 20221002_145022.jpg
    20221002_145022.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 2
Welcome Remiel. I wish i could help you with your questions, sorry. I always wanted to get a kp1 and do a 45sml conversion on a 45/70 barrel. I think they are good looking guns and well made. Good luck.

Welcome from NC, I can’t help but I know before long someone will come through with your answer or a way to reference it.

I found enough to dislike about the KP1 that I got rid of it. And it's been far too long and there have been too many hospital stays for me to remember the particulars, sorry. The pics in the Album linked above will have to suffice.

I found enough to dislike about the KP1 that I got rid of it. And it's been far too long and there have been too many hospital stays for me to remember the particulars, sorry. The pics in the Album linked above will have to suffice.
Like what? Just curious.

The trigger, too heavy, too much take-up, and too much overtravel with no good way to correct any of that. The modular hammer/trigger unit that could often be a royal pain to install properly. The secondary safety nonsense. Remiel, I hope the review makes it to you because that's it for me/from me.

Welcome. I have 3 kp1 frames and 10 barrels. I like mine. The barrels I have shot seem to be pretty accurate. I'll check my parts stash tomorrow to see if I have anything to help you out

Action pin diameter .375” ----- length 1 1/32” :)
Thanks, I was close with the measurements but I was using a cheap set of calipers, unfortunately my gunsmith friend has covid, so no access to a lathe unless I call a friend of my dad's and idk if his is even setup.

Latest posts

Back