thoughts of retiring my knight usak

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corey0127781

Reaction score
I bought my knight usak almost 4yrs ago used for about $75. it was pitted, rust patch coming out for 3days, sore arms from how much I was I cleaning it. count less I need help post. got it out to the range, shoots 1in groups at 50yrds in any temp. 6 in easily at 100.

tonight I was setting up for an range session. looking at all the stuff I have gathered over the last 4 yrs. 6 muzzleloaders (3 cap locks, 1 flint lock, 2inlines), 5 powder funnels ( 1 goex, 4 pyrodex), 3 powder measures, 2 pan primers, number of 209 primers, cast bullets (2 rows stacked 2ft high), number of different sabots, 4 types of powder, and an number of other odds and ends.

back on subject.

when I did an cleaning to my knight usak, i felt how bad the bore was. I have been in the habit of doing jb on it every 6 months but i think I will finally let it go. it will be hard, i took my first ever deer with it (90lbs doe, shot twice, first at 80+ yrds (bad shot did not hit any organs) then the second at less then 20yrds .429 240gr xtp, 85grs pyrodex p (blow the part of the far lung apart)). always said once I take my first buck with it, (I have missed 3 times). I am wanting something newer now.

so I am in the market and how my budget is, looks like the CVA wolf is leading.

My brother has a well used CVA that he bought at a garage sell for 25 dollars. Has a pitted barrel and is all scratched up. Still shoots good out to 75 yards with iron sights. He loves taking it slip hunting through heavy cover in any type of weather. He has taken three deer with it over the last two years. One at 12 yards , one at 40 yds. , and one at 60 yards. I refer to it as the "Old Jack Handle".

My choice for a replacement would be a T/C Omega. It will most likely be my next muzzle loader.

One other to consider that you can get a deal on from Sportsman Guide right now is the Knight Vision. I almost picked up on in stainless steel before they sold out, but decided I didn't need one right now.

I most likely save up an get an accura or apex.

held both a the gun shack (local gun shop), they sold out since. been wanting one one of the two since they both came out. may not be until after march, or this time next year.

Latest posts

Back