New to Muzzleloading

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBen

Reaction score
I am new to muzzle loading but not new to deer huting. I have been hunting for a while now with a Horton cross bow and would like to also enjoy the muzzle loading week. I would like to either get either an TC Omega or a Knight Disc Extreme. I would like some imput on both as far as likes and dislikes. I appriciate your time.

Ben

Welcome to the forum Ben!

I would like to either get either an TC Omega or a Knight Disc Extreme. I would like some imput on both as far as likes and dislikes.

I've owned both rifles. I can tell you right off, BOTH are really good rifles! In fact you picked two companies that are the best at customer service as well although I'd have to give Knight a SLIGHT advantage here.

Most would say the Omega is a tad more accurate, generally. In my experience, I can't disagree. The Omega comes across as very forgiving when it comes to bullet/projectile choice. The Knight is a little more picky here but is certainly capiable of good hunting accuracy.

If you'll ever use the iron sights, both have very good sights with the Omega with the edge here. T/C puts the best open sights of anyone on their muzzleloaders.

One negative of the Omega is it incorporates the use of an exposed hammer. No safety, just cock and shoot. The downside is cocking the hammer DOES make a good bit of noise. Then if you don't take the shot, you have to lower the hammer, CAREFULLY! Also..The trigger on the Omega isn't one of its better features. It usually somewhat heavier than some other rifles. Here is where the Disc Extreme shines. It comes complete with an adjustable trigger and a safety! In fact, the Disc trigger is one of the better ones in the business.

The Omega does get the nod however when it comes to cleaning ease and scope use. The Omega just has a breechplug and barrel to clean, that's it! No black powder substitute firearm is easier. ALSO...when it comes to scope use, the Omega will not harm the finish of your scope due to blow-back.

The Omega .50, ffg Triple Se7en powder, and 250gr T/C Shockwaves has worked for me and many others, it will work for you too!

HTH!

I've owned a Knight Disc and still have an Omega. I'm not sure if you could go too wrong with either one! The Omega is easier when it comes to cleaning for sure plus it is very accurate. The Omega is a little shorter overall in length because it has no action, BUT it has a 2" longer barrel than a Knight Disc. The Disc rifles have a few more parts to clean (the bolt) and they do have pretty decent triggers from the factory. It just boils down to what style gun you prefer mainly. I really like my Omega and based on my experiences, I would probably recommend it first!

BigBen said:
I would like to either get either an TC Omega or a Knight Disc Extreme.

Unless you absolutely need iron sights, I'd get a SS Knight Disc Elite-- some are still available NIB.

Basis:

Better trigger.

Better balance (tapered barrel).

Better composite stock.

Better recoil pad.

Generally, more accurate. :wink:

To answer your question the Knight Extreme for sure. The Knight Disc Elite would be a better choice. If i could only own one Black Powder gun it would be the T/C Encore. :idea:

Grouse said:
To answer your question the Knight Extreme for sure. The Knight Disc Elite would be a better choice. If i could only own one Black Powder gun it would be the T/C Encore. :idea:

huh??? :?

chas said:
Grouse said:

huh??? :?

Simple translation, as I'm a simple guy.

Given the Omega vs. Extreme question as posed, Grouse prefers the Knight Extreme.

Not limited to those two guns, Grouse's choice as his favorite blackpowder inline would be a Thompson Encore.

Get a Savage where you have the advantages that is mentioned of both the guns plus more, way more. Easy cleaning(actually no cleaning), accuracy can't be beat and fastest lock time. Shoots smokeless or anything else you want to stuff in it. Good luck. :D

I'm hearing good things about the Omega. I just got one of the laminated ones and so far I like it. I also have 2 Knights sitting in my safe. The Omega is going hunting in 2 months 8)

8) thanks, I'm not only simple, :oops: I'm slow...no offense intended Grouse...
charlie

Latest posts

Back