New trolling gear tested...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty1

Reaction score
For me it's always fun to "break-in" new outdoor gear. Today it was a NEW light trolling rod/reel spooled with 240 yards of 10 lb. Fluorocarbon.
Fxuewe1.jpg
o
It was a slow day of fishing but the medium-heavy 7 foot rod gave me a good hook-set at 3.1 m.p.h. on this frying-pan size:) Landlocked Salmon.
Uyzbmn4.jpg

Nice sal.on Marty. That's the speed, how about the test of the info? Inquiring minds want to know. 👍

Nice sal.on Marty. That's the speed, how about the test of the info? Inquiring minds want to know. 👍
Like I said bob'...SLOW day it was. A few non-targeted smallmouths, one non-keeper laker and 2 keeper salmon. I was trolling a hook-less inline spinner with a salmon fly trailing behind it about 12 inches.
I typically spend half my day with proven trolling lures then the other half experimenting, but tomorrow I'll likely be vertical jigging most of the day.

I just got back from Maine Marty. I'll look at my logs but somewhere around 30 sal.on hooked in about 14 hours of trolling. Largest was about 17 inches. May have lost one larger. Homemade lure in hammered copper with purple and pink stripe. I say homemade but really just constructed at home. I'll try to post specifics later today

Latest posts

Back