Northern Germany Fallow Buck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My youngest brother retired from 22yrs in the military to live in N Germany.
He sent me these pics last night when he got back from this hunt.
He shot this 6yr old trophy fallow Buck.
I couldn’t be happier for him or more proud of him.
I thought the group would appreciate seeing this deer bc it’s something that we don’t normally get to see & it is one hellova Fallow Buck seriously.

Attachments

• IMG_0768.jpeg
    IMG_0768.jpeg
    391.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0767.jpeg
    IMG_0767.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0769.jpeg
    IMG_0769.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I've always liked the Fallow Deer. Awesome animals. Any hunt details to ad? What does an ex-military American in Germany shoot critters with?
My brother is more fond of his Win 30-06 bolt gun with the BOSS brake than his really nice BAR 30-06 or any of his other rifles. So that’s what he hunts Fallow & Roe deer, Red Stag & those big nasty Russian Boars with. He will also shoot his 6.5x55 or .257 Roberts. He pheasant & rabbit hunts as well as duck & goose too.
I can say this, we really need to be extremely grateful & protective of our hunting rights & the way we hunt here in the states. What he has to deal with over there to hunt is in no way tolerable to me & they have to pay for the game they shoot by the pound too & they can’t hunt outside of a club & lease & they have to share what they shoot or at least offer to. It really sucks for hunting & gun ownership in general over there. They can’t reload anything or buy or possess any reloading components without a whole bunch of govt BS, & paying them for permits & jumping through a whole bunch of hoops. I could never live there & I don’t even stay long when I visit.

Great Buck. I for one do really appreciate what hunting and gun rights we have here. Just not sure my Grandkids will enjoy the same. When to New Foundland Canada in Sept. paperwork there was a bit much even to transport meat and antlers from the island. Everything belongs to the Royal government.

Latest posts

Back