NRA Highpower Competition computer game

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
Guys as a general rule I don't play video games or computer games, but ever since I have seen the game NRA Highpower I have been intrigued with it. The price before was kinda high so I never bought it until yesterday when I saw it on sale for 9.95. I figured what the heck and picked it up. I Love it! I am still learning and in the rapid fire stages you have to have your stuff together to get all your rounds off. This used to be the discipline I shot in the USMC and I am amazed at how lifelike it is. You can't feel the wind, but there is a wind speed and direction indicator and you better make sure to dope for it or you are in trouble. On the demo mode you shoot the 300 rapid fire stage. My first few times I struggled with remembering which keys to hit and I saved rounds. However I think I am getting it down because this morning I shot a 96 and a 100-2x. I would take that score in a real match anyday. I did shoot one time across the course and only got a sharpshooter score! I saved rounds in the 200 rapid. Back when I shot this game for real the 200 rapid was my bred and butter, but it is like learning magazine changes all over. I think this is a great game for any rifle shooter. You can learn from it and I must say again how good it is for being on the 'puter. Just thought if any of you had thought about getting it you might be interested.

Well after alot of work I am shooting Master scores with an occasional HM and still struggle occasionaly at the rapids. This game is really great at making sure you have perfect sight alignment and sight pic, and great for wind doping.

Back