NULA trigger?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beltfedm60

Reaction score
I just got a used NULA muzzleloader and have a question on the trigger. It seems to not break clean has like 2 clicks sometimes before it fires, like a hang fire before it hits the primer anyone have this trouble? it comes and goes. Any help appreciated
M60

I’ve had two and have never had that happen. I’d say give Melvin a call on Monday.

I talked to him yesterday Said he would look at it just send it in and pay shipping both ways. It has been sent in once already for the same trouble by the guy I got it from thought it was fixed. Late muzzleloader starts Monday so after that he can try again.
Thank you for your reply
M60

I am thinking GM54-120 might have some suggestions

You can try cleaning the trigger assembly out real good with a aerosol spray of some kind? Remove the bolt and hose the trigger down real good. Not sure what triggers fit a NULA, if its a Rem700 type or what. If its a Rem format trigger a TriggerTech might just swap right in? If the problem goes away its in the trigger if not its in the bolt.

Well yes. I tried to shoot it this afternoon and it was worse than before. It acted OK inside but out side in the cold it wouldn't work right (should have been the 1st clue that the trigger was gummed up) So took it home and tore it to pieces . The bolt was clean had 2 burs on it spring and firing pin were clean and straight not rubbing in the body. Took the trigger out and the sear was almost glued to the trigger housing must have been from solvent from bore cleaning. Got out a can of lighter fluid and I think the problem is solved. The trigger is a Timney like a Remington 700 but has a different sear. This should make a huge difference. Thank you for the suggestions. I didn't want to take it completely apart having never done a NULA. But in the end what could go wrong. Simple fix at least.
M60

Latest posts

Back