Oh I've Been Wanting To Tell About My Ram Hunt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot

Reaction score
My computer has been messed up and I haven't been able to get on here after me and some buddies went on our annual Ranch Hunt just over a week ago.Jessie is one of my buddies.

Well I decided to go for a Ram on our annual Ranch Hunt.Spent all afternoon Friday looking at everything but what I wanted.

Saturday morning snowing,wind blowing 90 to nothing and once again cold.Got dressed and some Coffee.Headed out from the Lodge.

First jumped a Sow and Babies out of a Bed and one shooter.Went on down in the bottoms.Snowing very hard but beautiful.Seen some Fallow Deer made it even better.

Made my way back up towards the Lodge,went down another Trail,walked off it,spotted a Hog bedded,didn't spook it and backed out.

Went back to the Lodge to tell them about the Hog.Jessie comes up there says he seen couple Rams,found out where.Decided to go after them after Breakfast.

Had Joe the Owner take me down about where they were.I found where Jessie had walked in the snow,just followed his tracks.Come to a pond there they were up in the brush,but I couldn't get a shot.They took off.I followed them to the bottom of the hill and up a holler,seen where their tracks went back up the hill.I thought their going back to where I jumped them.So I circled back there.

I was set up waiting,when Jessie walked up there.He said he had jumped them out of their bed earlier two draws over.He said if I walked along the top of the ridge and he would walk the holler I might get a shot at one.

Well Jessie being younger got ahead of me and met me up on the ridge said he had them spotted lower part of a draw.So we slipped on up that way,they were no longer there.So we started tracking them.Jessie was following the tracks and I was watching up ahead.

Came to a draw,Jessie motioned for me to stop he had them spotted.I slip on up there by him.I had already figured which one I wanted to shoot.I couldn't get a good shot,they spotted us and was moving in nervous circle gettiing ready to run.One started running,then the one I wanted started to run.Jessie whistled to try to get it to stop.I seen there was no way it was going to.I pulled up with my 50Cal. CVA,got a bead,pulled the trigger,couldn't see through the smoke.

All I could hear was Jessie hollering,"YOU GOT HIM DANG WHAT A SHOT!!".High fives,more high fives.Tell the truth Jessie was just as excited as I was.Yea Jessie made my day with all he did,I might of not of got a shot,and I really don't think it would have been as exciting with out him.

000_1684.jpg

Thanks Jessie!!!

oneshot

Awesome story and nice ram!

Do you have plans for a European or Shoulder mount ?

8)

It should look great!

I have a shoulder mounted Corsican Ram that I took a few years back with my bow and I love it.

Back