Opening Weekend Spike (Unicorn)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DKasprzak

Reaction score
I finally made my first kill with the Traditions Pursuit Pro that was gifted to me last year. This afternoonn I was sitting in a blind watching a small six point when two does and two small bucks come In. I could see one of the bucks was a spike so I decided to take him instead of one of the does. He was getting pushed around by the does and the small six point and ended up about 15 yards in front of the blind I was in. I was able to take him with a head shot that resulted in a bang-flop, so no tracking and a very ethical kill. When I got up to him I saw that one of his spikes had been broken off flush with his skull so… I guess that makes him a honorary member of the Unicorn family.

The Traditions was loaded with 80 grains by volume of Goex 2 F and a 460 grain No Excuses bullet. I know that is severely overkill for whitetail but that is what the gun was loaded with so I went with it anyway. Glad to finally get the first one behind me, looking forward to a couple of weeks from now when I can hunt for a week around Thanksgiving.

I would have posted a picture but it wasn’t pretty, you’ll just have to imagine this one.

DK

Latest posts

Back