Opinions

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowanna

Stupidity knows no bounds but knows many people!
Supporting member
Reaction score
Got an opportunity to buy a Remington 700 for a very reasonable price I think, $350. It's lower end, synthetic stock, stainless barrel and looks pristine on the outside and am waiting on bore pics.

I know very little about the 700 and if it becomes one of my latest I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions. Comes with take down tools (?) an extra breech plug and nipple.

What do y'all think of the Remington 700?

The price is okay if it is good condition. You will want to upgrade it by adding a Bolt Nose for 209 primers. It is a huge improvement IMO. Any of the OEM breechplugs make a mess out of the action as blowback is terrible which really increases the cleaning time.

The price is okay if it is good condition. You will want to upgrade it by adding a Bolt Nose for 209 primers. It is a huge improvement IMO. Any of the OEM breechplugs make a mess out of the action as blowback is terrible which really increases the cleaning time.
After reading here lately I knew some upgrades would be in order. Thanx J.

Not to dampen your party but you may want to look on gun broker .I just got a very clean 54 cal Remington 700ml stainless for $255 it is like new sometimes a real deal will show up.

Not to dampen your party but you may want to look on gun broker .I just got a very clean 54 cal Remington 700ml stainless for $255 it is like new sometimes a real deal will show up.
Think I saw that one and researched that rifle and it seems the pickin's are pretty slim when it comes to finding bullets and such in .54 caliber.

I will be shooting 54 cal maxi balls I have a CVA optima elite in 50 cal and it shoots 50 cal maxi balls in a cloverleaf hole so I expect the same from the 700 also mmp has a sabot to use 50 cal bullets or 45 cal bullets I will try

Back