PA Hunting Preserve Fences Cut: Deer And Hogs Escape

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This sounds personal or political. Cutting fence is not exactly enjoyable. 
Some one went to a little effort to cut several places.:cry:

Hooligans are usually not that motivated. They tend to go after easy 
targets of opportunity.

My bet is poachers who want to kill some trophy animals to sell. They cut the fences and fire hunt the adjoining land. Pure scum!

people from PETA have been known to do stuff like this also...

25 years ago we caught several thugs doing this. Did not have enough handcuffs, so we used the wire they cut. Ant do that anymore, might violate their rights or offend them.

Jotjackson said:
25 years ago we caught several thugs doing this. Did not have enough handcuffs, so we used the wire they cut. Ant do that anymore, might violate their rights or offend them.
I hope the wire you used was barbed wire.

There are all kinds of crazies out there. Friends of ours in WV used to raise silver foxes. Fur prices were high and they made lots of money. Two far out idiots released over 125 foxes. The perps were caught and drew jail sentences. They were amazed to discover that the foxes they released could not survive in the wild.

Can't remember what type of wire it was, but I do recall tightening it up with a set of pliers. The jailer( Corrections Officer today) did not appreciate having to cut it off. LOL...necessity is the mother of invention.

Hogs have been loose in the Jackson, Ala area for over 60 years. When I was in school in Tuscaloosa in the '60s, we would hear of the trips down there and see the "wild boars" brought back. We all wished we could go too but I didn't even have gas money to get to school and back.
That is just north of Mobile. There weren't any hogs in the Dothan area when I lived there in '66.

patocazador said:
Hogs have been loose in the Jackson, Ala area for over 60 years. When I was in school in Tuscaloosa in the '60s, we would hear of the trips down there and see the "wild boars" brought back. We all wished we could go too but I didn't even have gas money to get to school and back.
That is just north of Mobile. There weren't any hogs in the Dothan area when I lived there in '66.
Nope! None there around Clayhatchee area where I hunted either! Most of this has cropped up within the last 20 years!

Latest posts

Back