Parker Bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white eagle

Reaction score
Have any of you all used any Parker Bullets
I just got some Match Hunter and I gotta tell ya dem some sexy bullets
Just wondering what your thoughts are?

Haven't had a chance to get out again maybe this weekend
looking forward to trying out these Parkers
I was told that if I get flyers to try a felt wad on the powder under the bullet
that is supposed to cure that

I’ve shot a bunch of Parker’s and killed a bunch of deer with them, but when my stash is gone, I won’t be buying any more. I get better blood trails using cast bullets, so I don’t see the point in paying premium bullet prices for sub par performance.

So what kind of sub par performance are you talking about
shot deer couldn't find or what?
where was your shot placement?
what cal were you shooting?
cast boolits are ok as long as you keep the velocity down and I want to use the full potential of any gun I use to hunt with and down loading it just doesn't make sense to me

Are you using these in a smokeless muzzleloader?

I had great success with arrowhead XLD in my Knight Ultra lite but kept my shoots under 200 yards to ensure expansion.

So what kind of sub par performance are you talking about
shot deer couldn't find or what?
where was your shot placement?
what cal were you shooting?
cast boolits are ok as long as you keep the velocity down and I want to use the full potential of any gun I use to hunt with and down loading it just doesn't make sense to me
I knew the Parker fan boys would be along shortly.🤣
I’ve shot deer with my 50 cal Knight Disc rifle using sabots and full bore in an Arrowhead smokeless Encore barrel, and my shot placement was good. A heart/lung shot deer doesn’t give a blood trail is sub par bullet performance in my opinion. I’ve never lost a deer, but I’ve had to bring out my dog a few times.
I’ve killed close to 400 deer, and I have no idea how many pigs. I have enough experience to know what does and doesn’t work for me.

Did the deer leave a blood trail in the 50 yards it went after being shot?!?

Did you see the multiple holes in the exit wound?

If you put a big hole through the lungs, you do not need a big blood trail. However, if the chest cavity fills up with blood it will pour out of the wound.

The mammoth hunters killed giant hairy elephants with a sharp rock on the end of a stick. Where do you think they tried to attack the animal?

Last edited:
Thought I would ask is all
what do you base your performance on one shot or multiple shots, different animals
and what types of game animals?
now I am just curious, no implications at all
Basically, all my muzzleloader hunting is in NW Oklahoma where whitetail does weigh 160+/- lbs and and the bucks weigh 250-275 lbs, and I’ve never taken more than one shot at a deer with a muzzleloader.
Did you see the multiple holes in the exit wound?

If you put a big hole through the lungs, you do not need a big blood trail. However, if the chest cavity fills up with blood it will pour out of the wound.

The mammoth hunters killed giant hairy elephants with a sharp rock on the end of a stick. Where do you think they tried to attack the animal?
Yeah well, unless you’re hunting on a bald prairie where you can see for miles, a blood trail is good to have. Where I hunt, the Johnson grass is thick and gets head high, and plum thickets are everywhere. If a deer gets into them, they‘re hard to find without a blood trail or a dog even if they don’t go over 40 or 50 yards.

Bud, I’m not getting in a pecker measuring contest on this, but you lost any credibility with me by responding with sarcasm as to where to hit an animal to kill it. This isn’t my first rodeo.

Bud, I’m not getting in a pecker measuring contest on this, but you lost any credibility with me by responding with sarcasm as to where to hit an animal to kill it. This isn’t my first rodeo.

I agree 100% about the sarcasm often seen here.

It was not me who made the negative comment about Parker bullets.

Anyone who has to use ridicule or condemnation to make their viewpoint work has revealed it for what it really is.

Back