Parker ballistic Extreme Kit for the paramount / Accura 45

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAUDY1962

Reaction score
Researching the parker Ballistic extreme bullets. Parker Productions has a specific kit for the Mr-x 45 cal Accura Bullet. Just wonder if any of you have any input on this particular setup or the bullet it self. I have shot my side locks for yrs and was very happy with 2 inch groups as 100 yard, Why do I want a ragged hole at 200 yrs????? I think this whole hand loading precision round in the MZ is very relaxing and enjoyable. I have really went down the rabbit hole and want to try this set up if anyone has any input. Thanks

Not sure of your specific set up but I can speak for Parker bullets
I shoot the 250 gr's Match hunter in my 40 cal and they are super accurate at 100 yards almost to nice to shoot into the dirt bank

Sent an email to parker Bullets asking for some information and I received a personal phone call from Mr. Parker himself. He sent me several videos on this procedure and what I can expect out my MR-x and what bullet to use etc. They find that the best shooting 45 cal round for my rifle. is a 300 grn Parker Black max oversized bullet and then size them to my bore. He also sent me video to teach me how to size these bullets to my rifle. Great Company super nice man.

Laudy,

Please keep us updated on your progress. As a 45 cal MR-X owner (yet to shoot) I'm very interested in your progress. Can you share the video? Maybe via PM?

Thanks
John
He sent me several attachments I will see if I can them sent you in a pm Sir, Ice storm here. Good evening to go road hunting for bunnies hahaha

Laudy,

Please keep us updated on your progress. As a 45 cal MR-X owner (yet to shoot) I'm very interested in your progress. Can you share the video? Maybe via PM?

Thanks
John
it appears that everything he sent is their website. It was the sizing video and pics of the bullets that he recommends The Black Max 300 grn oversize. I will try to get these from phone to you ..

If that was a clean bore he just loaded, its going to be fun as all get out to load additional rounds.
Loading force doesn't need to be that high.

Still to much force. Its not necessary for the loading force to be that high.
Yeah, ive been able to get BEs to shoot great with much easier loading force. As long as the core is fairly soft and jackets are less than .020". Got a little wiggle room depending on the jacket alloy too.

Try to load a SST the same and it would keyhole a lot.

Many years ago i strictly hunted with the 275 grn Ballistic Extremes. This was strictly smokeless out of NULA. I NEVER had any issues and it killed game like it should. A friend of mine used the 250's and didn't have good success killing game with them. I wish i had an explanation for that but i don't.

Your biggest obstacle will the bore of your gun whether or not it is choked or straight. Parker Bullets are top of the line.

Back