• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Pietta 1858 New Army

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinktip

Reaction score
Lightly (or never) used .44 caliber black powder revolver. This was given to me by a family member several years ago. He bought it new and, if he ever shot it, it was only once or twice. I can’t say it was never fired but can find no evidence it has been.

This is the stainless model and is in excellent condition. I really nice weapon but BP is not my thing so I'm moving it on to finance another purchase. Comes with the replica holster and brass powder measure shown. BH date stamp = 1996 production date.

From the Pietta website:
The Remington 1858 revolver was a groundbreaking innovation at its conception. Available in a variety of calibers this pistol revolutionized the handgun industry and kick-started a journey of pistol progression that has led us to where we are today. Pietta has brought this beautiful revolver back to glory in a masterfully crafted authentic reproduction of the original Remington 1858 revolver.

This model features beautiful wooden grips, and a great looking stainless steel barrel, receiver, cylinder with a brass trigger guard. If you like silver-looking guns and you don't want a revolver that corrodes easily then the stainless steel model is going to be the revolver for you. Harmonizing durability with aesthetic beauty is not easily done, however, Pietta has been able to find a happy medium for both with this stunning 1858 New Model Army revolver.

Given this is black powder and a replica, it can be sold directly and does not need to go through a FFL.

Price: $380 includes shipping. (retail is $599.99) Paypal accepted with 4% cost additional. Also accept cashier’s check. Venmo possible. US sales only.

Happy to answer any questions I canIMG_3267.jpeg.

Attachments

• IMG_3268.jpeg
    IMG_3268.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3269.jpeg
    IMG_3269.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 2
Question. If you know there Ayre two ducks in a pond, how many fish are there? You said any? How long would you wait for your money and how much would you want up front?

Steve,

Not exactly sure I follow all of that but I’m not in a huge hurry to sell this. That said, I am hoping to use the proceeds to fund another purchase in the next 1-2 weeks.

D.

Last edited:
I thought so based on input from members here. I guess we will see. Several tire kickers but no buyers yet.

Lightly (or never) used .44 caliber black powder revolver. This was given to me by a family member several years ago. He bought it new and, if he ever shot it, it was only once or twice. I can’t say it was never fired but can find no evidence it has been.

This is the stainless model and is in excellent condition. I really nice weapon but BP is not my thing so I'm moving it on to finance another purchase. Comes with the replica holster and brass powder measure shown. BH date stamp = 1996 production date.

From the Pietta website:
The Remington 1858 revolver was a groundbreaking innovation at its conception. Available in a variety of calibers this pistol revolutionized the handgun industry and kick-started a journey of pistol progression that has led us to where we are today. Pietta has brought this beautiful revolver back to glory in a masterfully crafted authentic reproduction of the original Remington 1858 revolver.

This model features beautiful wooden grips, and a great looking stainless steel barrel, receiver, cylinder with a brass trigger guard. If you like silver-looking guns and you don't want a revolver that corrodes easily then the stainless steel model is going to be the revolver for you. Harmonizing durability with aesthetic beauty is not easily done, however, Pietta has been able to find a happy medium for both with this stunning 1858 New Model Army revolver.

Given this is black powder and a replica, it can be sold directly and does not need to go through a FFL.

Price: $380 includes shipping. (retail is $599.99) Paypal accepted with 4% cost additional. Also accept cashier’s check. Venmo possible. US sales only.

Happy to answer any questions I canView attachment 42796.

From the Pietta website:

Happy to answer any questions I canView attachment 42796.
Not true for Michigan, several other states , and some cities in states that otherwise would. Check out the shipping page of "Old South Firearms" for guidance.
Is there a picture of the item including your name and date to verify ownership? Not trying to be picky but Forum Rules...

Last edited:
Blackrock (and others) -

My sincere apologies for not including a picture. Here you are. Happy to give references as well.

IMG_3272.jpeg

Not true for Michigan, several other states , and some cities in states that otherwise would. Check out the shipping page of "Old South Firearms" for guidance.
Are you certain? I talked to a Post Master several months back and she said shipping a ML to or from private owners in Michigan is allowed as long as they ship private carriers or USPS Priority with a signature required.
This is copied from Old Souths website and may or may not be accurate.
*** Michigan and Maryland: Revolvers may not be shipped, all other black powder firearms are OK with the exceptions of Annapolis and Baltimore.

Last edited:
Are you certain? I talked to a Post Master several months back and she said shipping a ML to or from private owners in Michigan is allowed as long as they ship private carriers or USPS Priority with a signature required.
This is copied from Old Souths website and may or may not be accurate.
*** Michigan and Maryland: Revolvers may not be shipped, all other black powder firearms are OK with the exceptions of Annapolis and Baltimore.
As an FFL I can assure you it is accurate. BP pistols used to be allowed years back but that changed. For Michigan, any BP revolver must go through an FFL. With the new HB 4138 that went into effect on February 14, new firearm definitions are causing confusion as to BP long guns. Most dealers believe BP long guns still exempted. And, with HB4138, ALL handgun purchases require a "Permit to Purchase" issued by your LEO -- City = police and out of town = sheriff. They do their own background check unless you have a CPL. BUT, at time of transfer through the FFL must still do FBI NICS background check and in Michigan, a CPL does NOT help with that as Michigan passed recreational marijuana so BATFE no longer accepts CPL in lieu of NICS check.
Reality is anyone can do what they want but get nabbed in a random check then both the buyer and seller in deep s***. And, the AGC company who advertises here tells me they will ship to you their 12 Ga BP Desperado.

Last edited:
More info RE: sales & shipping firearms. I have now talked with the County Sheriff, the State Police, the City Police, a couple of local sporting goods/gun shops, and finally one of the State ADA's in Lansing. The latter says all firearms need a purchase permit (a cpl helps the State background check), no shipping direct to buyers who are not FFLs', and a firearm sales record has to now be delivered to the LEO by the FFL. If a private sale is conducted you have 30 days to complete the paperwork. However, that conflicts with the flow chart from the Sheriff's office. They say basically no change from before.
So I guess roll the dice and take your chances...I do not want to get my license suspended so I will err on the side of caution and advise "Ship to an FFL". Esp. since the current administration has an active "Get the Small Guy" approach to FFL inspections.
Old South Firearms says "No" but TOTW says "sure -- no problem"
Also, USPS no longer ships handguns unless antique, curio, or between authorized vendors. Long guns only
Link = https://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c4_009.htm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back