Pillow Ticking

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fisher1

Reaction score
I've been to Track of The Wolf and Dixie and seems like all there is is .018 thickness. I remember back in the 80's when I was shooting 54 and 36 cal. balls you could get different thickness ticking from Ox Yoke. Anyone know a place where good quality ticking is available in different thickness's.

I use .024" denim for patching and it works great. It compresses more than you'd expect. The fired patches look good enough to re-lube and shoot again. (but I don't!)

That .018 is the only thickness I have found in ticking. I went to other materials and got some different thickness out of them. But I shoot the .018 and it seems to work for me. Good luck in your search.

slip a 1" set of micrometers in yer pocket, head on over to Jo'Ann Fabrics, and find the Pillow ticking dept.. find a cloth that will mike 15 thousandths dry between the jaws of yer mike... buy a yard or two.. should last a long time.. Les

I use the red pillow mat, it mikes 15. Shoots good in my 50 cal but not in my grandsons!! :roll:

You can buy pillow ticking at walmart if its too thick then wash it and try it. One yard will last quite a while and is cheap to buy by the yard.

Back