Plinkster

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anybody have any information on the Mossberg plinkster? How it shoots,durablity,etc. or any comments. My cousin asked me about it but I don't know anything about it.

He also told me Wally world was going to quit selling guns.

Don

The number one gun retailer in the USA is getting out of business? Has anyone else heard this? This would surely drive the cost of guns up in a hurry if it were true, which I highly doubt. However in this day and age, who knows :roll:

Mossberg Plinkster, decent little rifle, sub par to a Ruger 10-22 though.

Rifleman said:

The number one gun retailer in the USA is getting out of business? ....
Yup, heard some rumblings about it. One report said a few locations would still sell guns, but most would not.

Rifleman,

This likely has alot to do with their decision making process and is probably what originally set the wheels in motion....

Wal-Mart Stops Gun Sales In California

SACRAMENTO, California, April 5, 2003
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(AP / CBS)

Wal-Mart's own research showed that weapons it sold were being used in crimes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(AP) Wal-Mart agreed Friday to immediately suspend sales of rifles and shotguns in its 118 California stores, following nearly 500 violations of state firearms laws in six stores.

In two cases, a store sold guns to felons, according to Attorney General Bill Lockyer, who announced the agreement with the retail giant.

Wal-Mart's action comes after the chain announced in July that it had implemented a rule requiring customers to undergo a background check before buying rifles and shotguns ? no matter how long the check takes.

In California, store employees released guns to customers before background checks were completed, Lockyer said, and failed to verify the identities of buyers through thumbprints and driver's licenses.

Other violations included failing to document sale of a firearms safety device with the gun.

Wal-Mart spokesman Tom Williams said Friday the company will begin new employee training in state firearms law early next week.

"We need to do a better job and that's what we're going to do," he said.

Williams said store employees involved in the offenses will not be terminated.

He added it's the first time Wal-Mart, which sells rifles and shotguns ? but not handguns ? has suspended firearms sales in a state for such violations.

State and federal laws prohibit selling guns to felons or people convicted of domestic violence offenses. Sales are also banned to subjects of restraining orders and people with mental conditions that make them a dangerous to themselves and others.

The policy announced in July, which exceeds federal guidelines, came after Wal-Mart's own research showed that weapons it sold were being used in crimes.

Under federal law, background checks through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System are required for anyone attempting to purchase a gun. If the results are not returned within three business days, the dealer may complete the sale.

that's a shame. its becoming more and more difficult for recreational shooters and hunters to acquire firearms. forms, background checks . . . its really a pain. i honestly think that's one reason ive always been so interested in blackpowder guns. you can just have them delivered to your door, no paperwork to fill out . . . well . . . depending on which state you live in.

Latest posts

Back