Primary arms has a deceptive add

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the ad when it said 1:8”. I hope you got a copy of the ad when it was 1:8”. i thought about taking a screen shot of it as i figured they would change it. Im sorry i didn’t. I hope they do right by you, on this. Someone owes you a barrel or a refund.
The DB site still shows it as 1:8 RH twist. IMG_4854.png

Bronko- Are you perchance a rep for PA? Of course it is accurate, NOW. They changed it. You didn't think they would just leave that the way it was do you? That might even be class action lawsuit territory were I to have my lawyer start digging up other customers who bought that rifle while the original add was up. All it would take is for us to subpoena PA customer records for the time frame I know the inaccurate add was up and then the fecal matter would REALLY hit the rotor blades.

Fortunately for them, I am not really the litigious sort and if they do indeed try to make this right, they have nothing to fret about. They will either comp me a barrel or accept my return and that will be that. So far, they have been conciliatory and helpful and are considering my offer for them to comp me a 1:10 twist barrel. I am not even insisting on a carbon fiber barrel. The twist rate is why I bought the rifle. As it turns out, I haven't been able to even find a company that makes a 1:8 twist barrel for 350 legend; I don't think they even exist. 1:10 twist is the fastest I've seen and even that is difficult to find in a 16" carbine barrel. I found one company that has 1:10 twist 16.1" barrels in 416 stainless steel in stock and I forwarded the link to PA. If all it takes to make me happy is for them to comp me a far less expensive barrel then the one they advertised, I don't really see the downside to them. Like I said though, if they won't, I'll just return the rifle and never shop there again; case closed.

As for the deceptive add, several other people on here saw the original add; they would all vouch I'm sure. Look back through this thread and see people's comments and tags. If they ended up trying to be slimy and try to memory-hole this and claim I am lying, well, that would probably piss me off enough to get litigious and then we'll just see who comes out on top. It's not like I didn't keep evidence of the deceptive add. I also have the entire email chain of how they are "dedicated to making this right", etc. which would be extremely hard to explain away in court. Anyway, at this juncture, I am not assuming they will try to shaft me. I'll let this play out and see where it goes. I think it is likely they will make an effort. To my knowledge, they don't have a bad reputation.

OK, update. PA just told me they have been able to get my barrel (16.1" 416 stainless barrel with a 1:10 twist from Odin works) and will get that to me as soon as it comes in. So this seems to have been resolved to my satisfaction. It would have been uber-cool to have a carbon barrel with that (mythical it seems) 1:8 twist but I would have bought the rifle anyway if it had been advertised as a 1:10 twist with a steel barrel. It really was the fast twist I was after and 671$ was a fair price for a steel barreled rifle. I get to keep the rifle and have my 1:10 twist so all is good in the world now (or will be when I get it, LOL).

OK, update. PA just told me they have been able to get my barrel (16.1" 416 stainless barrel with a 1:10 twist from Odin works) and will get that to me as soon as it comes in. So this seems to have been resolved to my satisfaction. It would have been uber-cool to have a carbon barrel with that (mythical it seems) 1:8 twist but I would have bought the rifle anyway if it had been advertised as a 1:10 twist with a steel barrel. It really was the fast twist I was after and 671$ was a fair price for a steel barreled rifle. I get to keep the rifle and have my 1:10 twist so all is good in the world now (or will be when I get it, LOL).
Are you keeping the 1:16” barrel? Or do they want it back? I ask because i know a guy who would not hate having a 16” 350L barrel.

I am keeping the 1:16 barrel but I might consider selling it. Let me see how the 1:10 twist works out. It would be a bummer if I got a lemon barrel and I had already got rid of this one. This is a good 1:16 barrel. I shot something around 1" MOA for a 3 shot group at 100 yards today and I have a 3x tactical scope on the rifle. The crosshairs cover the bullseye of the target I was shooting. Not bad with that low power scope. I bet you could even do a little better with a 12x scope and a better trigger (it's a milspec trigger so a bit heavy and a little creep). This was commercial 145 gr fmj winchester white box ammo too. Along with the new barrel, I will likely get a good match trigger from Giselle or Timney to drop in there. I am kind of an precision buff. I love shooting tiny groups.

Update:

PA came through and comped me the barrel from OdinWorks. I got it yesterday and put it on the rifle today and went to the range to shoot it in.

It seems to be a good barrel. Groups with Winchester white box are clover leaves at 50 yards. I tried a few at 100 yards and groups opened up a bit but I think most of that was me rather than the rifle. I did have a few tuning issues. The barrel came with a free adjustable gas block. I started with the gas block closed and opened it up one full turn at a time but never could get the bolt to lock back reliably. Sub-X ammo doesn't even eject the case. I eventually had the set screw all the way out and put it back in 4 or 5 turns. Out of 40 shots, 3 locked back on the empty mag (with supersonic ammo). What do you think? A lighter buffer spring and or a lighter buffer weight? It fed flawlessly with the Winchester 145 gr fmj bullets but when I went to my reloads, I had feeding issues. The blunter nosed RMR bullets are getting jammed straight into the feed ramp. I am not sure what can be done to fix that.

I reloaded some 147 gr 9mm bullets from RMR in new Winchester cases. Previously, I had tried 25 gr H110 and it looked ok for the first 5 shots ( with the old barrel) but When I loaded up a mag wit them, I ended up with 3 blown primers and bulged cases. I pulled the rest and backed down to 24 gr. No pressure signs I can see but the speeds are still about 100 fps faster (with the new barrel) than the Winchester white box ammo.

Latest posts

Back