Powder price

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jims

Reaction score
I had not bought rifle powder for my SML in quite awhile. Surprised with tax it was $57 a pound.

I had not bought rifle powder for my SML in quite awhile. Surprised with tax it was $57 a pound.
I know, I found some smokeless powders my father had with 14.99 price stickers on them & 3.00 pks of 209 primers. Even 3 yrs ago, what powders were in the low to mid 20's is now mid 40's to mid 50's per lb. & primers have more than doubled, even tripled & quadrupled in price. Reloading bullets are climbing drastically too. At this rate, only the very wealthy & the hoarders will be able to afford to shoot their guns

Powder-wise Iam sitting pretty decent right now all around....smokeless and subs. And I just found over 700 Federal primers as a give away. My big need was the 225 grain .44 cal XPB Barnes that my pistol loves so when I found some I ordered a mess of them. I don't think I need much for the other smokers now with that Patriot at the head of the list to go hunting with the pistol. I have a bunch of the .40 cal, 225 grain start tips and 50 240 grain, .40 cal Furies that I haven't shot yet.

I know, I found some smokeless powders my father had with 14.99 price stickers on them & 3.00 pks of 209 primers. Even 3 yrs ago, what powders were in the low to mid 20's is now mid 40's to mid 50's per lb. & primers have more than doubled, even tripled & quadrupled in price. Reloading bullets are climbing drastically too. At this rate, only the very wealthy & the hoarders will be able to afford to shoot their guns
That’s a $2.50 price tag on the BL-C powder in the middle.

Attachments

• 0941F989-AE9C-437B-878A-C5C19223FDEC.jpeg
    0941F989-AE9C-437B-878A-C5C19223FDEC.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Great Great Grandpa's powder ? LOL
Thats pretty cool as well as an erie eye-opener with prices now & what we are headed for very quickly.
A friends father. I think it’s from the early 60’s but I’m not sure. I’ve got some CCI LR primers of the same vintage. The powder in the cans is probably pull down from WW2, that’s how Hodgdon started.

My big need was the 225 grain .44 cal XPB Barnes that my pistol loves so when I found some I ordered a mess of them.

i sometimes use the 225 grain bullet in my TC Black Diamond rifle along with the crush rib sabot. That bullet knocks the stuffing out of 250 pound hogs.

Back