.. Problem with my rear sight........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer1

Reaction score
:scratch: 

Was at the range yesterday with my T/C Renegade .54 cal ml'er and everything was working great until I tried to zero in at the 25 yard bench. My first 3 shots were touching at the top (dead center 12 o'clock) of my Birchwood Casey sighting in target that's broken down into 1" increments. I was happy thinking that all I had to do is lower the rear sight and all would be ok. I kept lowering the sight screw and by the time I was done, the best I could get was still 3.5/4"s high at 25. I was dead center but hitting the top of the orange ring when I aimed dead center. Screw won't turn any more.
I was shooting 50 grains of 3F Goex with Remington #11 per/caps pushing out a .530 ball w/ a .015 lubed patch.
Any suggestions on how to rectify the problem :?: 

Ray.............. :scratch:

I kept lowering the sight screw and by the time I was done, the best I could get was still 3.5/4"s high at 25. I was dead center but hitting the top of the orange ring when I aimed dead center.
IMO:  Shooting high is a problem with some TC conventional guns.   Sometimes they shoot 4-6" high at 50 yards with the sight lowered to its limit.      

You need a taller front sight.

Falcon nailed it. A taller front sight is in order. How much taller? You need to research what others have needed to save you time and money.

Had the same problem with my Ardesa .32 , only fix was to use a new taller front sight.

Latest posts

Back