Put a couple of guns on lay-a-way

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daman1

Reaction score
Well, I went to the hardware store yesterday to put my father-in-law's Christmas present on lay-a-way so I could lock in the price and not have to hide the gun for 9 months. Well I look up the rack and there it sat all depressed looking at me and I just had to put my B-day present to me on lay-a-way too.

For the FIL:
Remington 870 Express Magnum Youth 20 gauge
21" barrel, black synthetic stock
He has been wanting one for a while and is on disability so I thought it would be a good Christmas gift

For me:
Browning BPS Stalker 10 gauge
26" barrel, black synthetic
Always wanted a 10 gauge and got it at cost! It will become my primary turkey gun and dog hunting deer buck shot gun. Actually it ain't as heavy as you would think 10.5 pounds, but balances between the hads nicely.
I can't wait to get them in December. Gonna buy us both extended duck chokes, turkey chokes, and buckshot chokes. And yes I had some good connections to lay-a-way for 9 months! I know the owner and told him what I wanted to do.

Can't wait to shoot the Thunder Stick!

Daman

Well, I had a change of heart on the 10 gauge. I been toting the 8 lb 12 gauge around about 15 miles a weekend and quite frankly I don't want to tote anything heavier! I went back and talked with the guy and he let me roll my lay-a-way money over onto another gun! I put a Benelli M2 Field Camo 26" barrel 20 gauge on lay-a-way. I have let three gobblers walk by at around 55 steps already this season even though I could have killed them with the set-up I am shooting so the 20 will be plenty enough gun out to 40 which I haven't shot over this season anyway.

Anyway, ordered all my reloading stuff for the 20 also and will be reloading TSS #8 for turkey loads (TSS ain't Pappy's lead --- #8 TSS will out penetrate #4 lead). I am stoked!!! Can't wait to get it off lay-a-way.

I did go ahead and payoff the FIL's 870 and it is in the safe waiting on Christmas.

Daman

LOL good for you, get what you really want and dont settle for anything less!

Heavy guns are killer when you're doing a lot of walking.

Post some pics once you get them.

Will do! Those Benellis are really something. I got to shoot a Super Black Eagle 2 today at lunch and man that is a smooth gun!

The pics probably won't be coming too soon --- I didn't get the Benelli at discount. Maybe by December.

Daman

Latest posts

Back