remington 870 slug gun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckhammer

Reaction score
a man at work had a new 870 pump slug gun with scope for sale so i just had to try it.he claims it will not shoot a consistant group. i carried it to my favorite gunsmith and had him install a homemade bushing under the cantelever to eliminate any flex.this also helps to pin the barrel to the receiver. a little triggerwork and i was ready to get going.i purchased one of the 12 gauge laser beams from cabelas that looks like a shotgun shell and boresighed the scope crosshairs and beam at 100 yards. this past weekend i went out to try it at 100yards. to my surprise the 3" buckhammers hit right in the bull with a 1 1/2" group.i cannot say this will work for everyone nor every setup but it sure impressed me.

i have been hunting with my 870 with a slug barrel for 13 seasons now with open sights. the consistant accuracy is amazing. last 5 seasons i have pulled the trigger 7 times, 7 deer in the freezer! shots have ranged from 30 yards out to about 125.

Back