Rib Rub

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
Simple low sodium but sweet. Use mustard and honey (1to1)for the base so it sticks better to the ribs. You wont even taste the mustard when it done if you dont like mustard. About 4tbs total on the honey mustard mix. I used a good Dijon but whatever you got is fine.

Enough for 2 slabs of baby backs both sides. Remember peel the bone side membrane and to rub them down first with the mustard or even honey mustard dressing.
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1½ tablespoons smoked paprika
1½ teaspoons garlic powder
1½ teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder (optional but goes good with sweet)

Line a pan with foil
Add dem ribs
Cover ribs with foil. Tented a bit so its not laying on the ribs.

Bake at 300F for 2hrs or until tender.
Remove foil cover
Brown as needed. Im going to use the air fryer later. Half a rack fits fine in mine. Toss on the grill or whatever for some "burnt bark"

Finished under the broiler and just a little Ginger People Sweet Chilli sauce. Virtually zero sodium in that sauce btw Its only 5mg per 2 tbs.
https://gingerpeople.com/products/sweet-ginger-chili-sauce/
V8n6f2T.jpg

Plated with homemade pineapple habanero slaw and Sam's Loaded baked tater salad. The slaw is SUPER mild. You can get the recipe here but mine is slightly different.
https://www.robertrothschild.com/blogs/all-recipes/roasted-pineapple-habanero-coleslaw
Cl4fnWD.jpg

Last edited:
Finished under the broiler and just a little Ginger People Sweet Chilli sauce. Virtually zero sodium in that sauce btw Its only 5mg per 2 tbs.
https://gingerpeople.com/products/sweet-ginger-chili-sauce/
V8n6f2T.jpg

Plated with homemade pineapple habanero slaw and Sam's Loaded baked tater salad. The slaw is SUPER mild. You can get the recipe here but mine is slightly different.
https://www.robertrothschild.com/blogs/all-recipes/roasted-pineapple-habanero-coleslaw
Cl4fnWD.jpg
Damn you, I just shorted out my laptop from drooling all over it! :roll:

Simple low sodium but sweet. Use mustard and honey (1to1)for the base so it sticks better to the ribs. You wont even taste the mustard when it done if you dont like mustard. About 4tbs total on the honey mustard mix. I used a good Dijon but whatever you got is fine.

Enough for 2 slabs of baby backs both sides. Remember peel the bone side membrane and to rub them down first with the mustard or even honey mustard dressing.
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1½ tablespoons smoked paprika
1½ teaspoons garlic powder
1½ teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder (optional but goes good with sweet)

Line a pan with foil
Add dem ribs
Cover ribs with foil. Tented a bit so its not laying on the ribs.

Bake at 300F for 2hrs or until tender.
Remove foil cover
Brown as needed. Im going to use the air fryer later. Half a rack fits fine in mine. Toss on the grill or whatever for some "burnt bark
I’m normally a dry rub ( I make my own too ) on ribs or roasts & I prefer Memphis or KC style sauces. I like many kinds of mustard ( prob 5-6 kinds in my frig at all times ) but I’ve never made a mustard based sauce for my ribs. Your recipe sounds fantastic, I will be using it & that roasted pineapple habanero slaw has got me all kinda excited to make. Thanks

That slaw is our favorite. I modified the recipe a bit because it was too wet and needed more Rothchilds. ITS SUPER MILD stuff. You can get it in the 40oz bottle at Costco or the small bottle at Walmart. Costco is only like $7-$8 for the jumbo bottle when they got it. Vitacost sells the Ginger people sauce. Its also SUPER MILD. Its $5.47 a bottle there and about $7 on Amazon.

As an alternative you can use the Rothchilds on the ribs too.

The honey mustard or even straight yellow mustard you wont even taste on the ribs. Its just a base to help the rub stick and the original rub recipe i used has mustard powder. Pretty common to use mustard under a rub.

Latest posts

Back