Rice TC Renegade drop in barrels

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10gaugemag

Reaction score
Anybody shooting one of the drop in 1" barrels?

Have been wanting a GM LRH and these seem a viable option. Cannot decide .45 or .50 if I even do it.

.50 makes the most sense.

For those who have them are you satisfied w accuracy?

How did you finish yours out?

Pics?

Ive got the GM .45 LRH on my Renegade and it is all I could hope for and want in a sidelock. Im not a long distance shooter like IdahoLewis. 150-200 is probably the most I’ll try to shoot with it with a 340gr lead bullet. From one of Lewis’s molds actually. I would still like to have the Rice barrel anyway. It cant cost much more than some are asking for the LRH barrels.

The Muzzleloading Emporium in Oregon advertise a custom drop in barrel for TC and Lyman rifles (in the white). You chose the options, twist, length, etc. 15/16 " and 1 " sizes. Never used them so I can't speak on quality but I have read good reviews. I'm considering a 58 cal for my Hawken stock, RB twist. Might have to call them and see how fast of a twist they can do? Just another option.

Anybody shooting one of the drop in 1" barrels?

Have been wanting a GM LRH and these seem a viable option. Cannot decide .45 or .50 if I even do it.

.50 makes the most sense.

For those who have them are you satisfied w accuracy?

How did you finish yours out?

Pics?
I have a Rice .45 fast twist in a White Mountain carbine stock. It’s obviously a 15/16ths inch barrel, shoots very well. I have no complaints.

The Muzzleloading Emporium in Oregon advertise a custom drop in barrel for TC and Lyman rifles (in the white). You chose the options, twist, length, etc. 15/16 " and 1 " sizes. Never used them so I can't speak on quality but I have read good reviews. I'm considering a 58 cal for my Hawken stock, RB twist. Might have to call them and see how fast of a twist they can do? Just another option.
A little cheaper but by the time you buy sights it is probably a wash. I guess it depends if you want a more traditional sight on the Muzzleloading Emporium barrel or the Williams sights offered with the Rice.

Latest posts

Back