Most of my sidelocks

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got my other Renegade stock finished this morning (2nd from bottom) and it came out so nice I thought I'd take a photo of most of my sidelocks on the wall. I'm looking to get a nice 45 Seneca to complete wishlist.
From top: .36 Seneca, .50 Lyman GPR, .45 Rice barreled Hawken, Renegade with custom flintlock .58 barrel, and another Renegade with .58 GM barrel.

Attachments

• 20230622_110407.jpg
    20230622_110407.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5
Ed the bottom one was MinnWax dark walnut and then sealed with a couple coats of Johnson's Paste wax. The 2nd from the bottom was 4 thin coats of Formby's Tung Oil allowing to dry for a day between, buffed with 0000 steel wool between coats and then 2 coats of Johnson's paste wax. (applied and let set until the next day to allow to dry then buffed.)

Last edited:
I agree Ed. I may just take the Rene with the dark walnut stain and sand the wax off it and put some tung oil on it to see if it darkens. I ain't got nothing else to do with it going to be raining off and on the next 5 days.

Renegades. The American Jaeger. If it's possible to go wrong with a Renegade, and I don't know how you could, it won't be by far. Fantastic rifles. T/C had a real winner there, along with the Omega.

Nice looking collection! I've been wanting to get a flintlock and trying it out! Maybe one day soon!

That is a FINE collection. I'm working on my TC Hawken and replacing standard stock with a Curly Red Maple stock that has the figure in bunches.

Question- I bought a fine early TC Renegade that is clean as a whistle in and out. HOWEVER it's missing the SPECIFIC c-clamp to hold the rear windage screw in place during adjustment.

I tried to use a variety pack of c-clamp pins from auto zone. No luck! Any idea where I could purchase the correct c-clamp from?

Many thanks!

SHADOWFOX64

That is a FINE collection. I'm working on my TC Hawken and replacing standard stock with a Curly Red Maple stock that has the figure in bunches.

Question- I bought a fine early TC Renegade that is clean as a whistle in and out. HOWEVER it's missing the SPECIFIC c-clamp to hold the rear windage screw in place during adjustment.

I tried to use a variety pack of c-clamp pins from auto zone. No luck! Any idea where I could purchase the correct c-clamp from?

Many thanks!

SHADOWFOX64
You mean an E clip. I have a bunch of T/C rear sights. PM me a pic of your sight. Maybe I have one like it to send you.
Just a thought, have you yried a hardware store?

Back