scopes w/AO

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't own a scope without it. Well not on my hunting or target rifles.

The Role of an Adjustable Objective (AO) Scope An adjustable objective (AO) scope is a valuable tool that helps correct parallax errors and improves shooting accuracy. This type of scope allows shooters to adjust the focus of the reticle independently from magnification settings, ensuring that both reticle and target are perfectly aligned.

I have a contender w/.223 barrel.I mounted a Nikon 4x scope on it and I am shooting 2" groups at 50 yards.I haven't tried it at 100.I thought a scope with a larger objective,more power and a AO would help accuracy out to 100+ yards.

I have a contender w/.223 barrel.I mounted a Nikon 4x scope on it and I am shooting 2" groups at 50 yards.I haven't tried it at 100.I thought a scope with a larger objective,more power and a AO would help accuracy out to 100+ yards.
My target 22 rigs have all worn 20x or 32x scopes with AO or side focus. The AO will really help you under 100 yards and beyond 150 or so, but with 6.5 or 8x at the bottom end that won't be doing you many favors from field positions (will rock from a bench....).
Also the other thing to consider when scoping a contender pistol is that it is a pistol, and so the needed eye relief will be different... and I don't think there are a lot of LER/EER scopes with higher magnification much less AO, etc.

Burris and UTG offer AO pistol scopes.Burris is out of my price range,$600. MSRP. UTG is inexpensive for there offering but I'm unsure of the quality.there are scout scopes with AO in all price ranges but short on ER.

Burris and UTG offer AO pistol scopes.Burris is out of my price range,$600. MSRP. UTG is inexpensive for there offering but I'm unsure of the quality.there are scout scopes with AO in all price ranges but short on ER.
UTG is a weird company. Some of their stuff is chinesium junk, some made in USA

Their Bug Buster scopes have a good rep for the price on a few rimfire forums

I LOVE their fixed "slim" profile rail mount AR sights

I just got their rail for un-D&T Mossberg shotguns, another good piece of kit

Back