shot my White .451

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
had not shot it since before last deer season so wanted to make sure it was still on... gun was zeroed with Swiss 2f but ran out so instead of 75 gr 2f I used 70 gr of 3f.
The gun was up to the task but my eyes and skinny crosshairs plus bright sun dont get along, when shooting at 104yds I could hardly see crosshair on target so resulting bad group, shot to left I pulled...
1st shot at 51 yds was with a clean barrel with 3 #11s popped off I also pulled it a bit, next 4 are in a group that a quarter covers.
My shots in woods are never over 75 yds so should be good.
This gun is super accurate when I can see what Im doing, load was a 460 gr Bullshop with 70 gr Swiss 3f and no wad.
Forgot shot all 5 shots at 104 w/o swabbing also, 51 yds swabbed at 3rd shot.
20211008_124704.jpg

the gun will shoot alot better then my eyes allow, for some reason even with a scope I cant see good with my progressive lenses no matter how much i adjust ocular. At least this particular scope Bushnell DOA 250.

I never change powder amount when using 2f or 3f ! I think your White .451 would be right on with 75 gr out to 100 yards.

Depending on which 451 M97. Some like 70 or 75gr of 3F . You just got to find out what it likes better. Not that the game will notice the difference as they will be either dead or deader? 😁

I will try 75 gr sometime next week when I get a chance.. really need to put a different scope on but getting to late to mess with it now.. Good scope just to thin of crosshairs for old eyes..
Ed you will be the 1st one I contact if I decide to pass it on.. your right deer wont be any deader.

had not shot it since before last deer season so wanted to make sure it was still on... gun was zeroed with Swiss 2f but ran out so instead of 75 gr 2f I used 70 gr of 3f.
The gun was up to the task but my eyes and skinny crosshairs plus bright sun dont get along, when shooting at 104yds I could hardly see crosshair on target so resulting bad group, shot to left I pulled...
1st shot at 51 yds was with a clean barrel with 3 #11s popped off I also pulled it a bit, next 4 are in a group that a quarter covers.
My shots in woods are never over 75 yds so should be good.
This gun is super accurate when I can see what Im doing, load was a 460 gr Bullshop with 70 gr Swiss 3f and no wad.
Forgot shot all 5 shots at 104 w/o swabbing also, 51 yds swabbed at 3rd shot.
View attachment 16729
Dean let me take that rifle off your hands, it not worth the effort in trying to get it to shoot better! 😁

Sir, if you care about your friends you’d never saddle them with such a poor shooter. Send it to me, a stranger who you don’t know or care about and you’ll not feel guilty about the suffering that rifle inflicts. (PS. Scope too. Damn my eyes!)

Back