Shotgun muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made one by reaming a CVA Wolf Magnum with old rusty rifle barrel .You can do the same it is easy to do. Also may do another soon with H&R 50 cal

Pawn shop single shot special for $99 and a Short Lane adapter works well. Certainly a lot cheaper than paying for a "real" ML shotgun or having a barrel drilled out, etc.

Pawn shop single shot special for $99 and a Short Lane adapter works well. Certainly a lot cheaper than paying for a "real" ML shotgun or having a barrel drilled out, etc.
Just asking but how could a short lane adapter work in a muzzle loader maybe I am missing something unless you intend to prime with a cartridge in the chamber ?

Just asking but how could a short lane adapter work in a muzzle loader maybe I am missing something unless you intend to prime with a cartridge in the chamber ?
That is exactly what a Short Lane is - a steel shell shaped thing with a 209 sized hole in the chamber end. Has part of a rim so you inert it with your extractor in the rimless area and (cheesy accent) wallah! a front stuffer smoothbore

The adapers are $50 or so and they ship real quick. Converts any break open single or double barrel. When done knock out with ramrod

BTW a 5/8" dowel makes a great ramrod for a 12ga set up like this

I have not seen one for Black powder but I have some for unmentionable guns . So where do you buy them for muzzle loaders THX in advance

Back