Smoked venison

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
Tried something yesterday that turned out quite good. Some time ago I was in a butcher shop and saw some smoke beef. Beef was cut in 10 inch long strips and a couple of inches thick. Was quite tasty so thought I might try it with some deer meat. Talked to the butcher and the cure was quite simple. Rub the meat generously with curing salt and some pepper and let stand for 6 days. Rinse off and soak in water for an hour or so to draw out excess salt and smoke. Had it in my little mickey mouse smoker :( for 10 hours. This was a comercially bought smoker that doesn't work very well. :x . Turned out quite well.

Sounds yummy RAF

"I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was"...I like that ...gonna see TK early July!!! :lol: Hear he puts on a great show.

"TK" :? :? :? .

Just thought I'd mention that I made another batch yesterday. Used 2 hind legs of a yearling doe I took last year with my bow. Early opinions are that it's great.
I'm trying to use up the last of the 4 deer I took last year to make room for the next 4 from this upcoming season :D :lol: . Bow season starts in 2 months, and 2 days, but who's counting :p . I have two hinds for a mulie buck that I'm saving for some more sausage and a couple of back straps and tender loins left.

Latest posts

Back