Smokeless Muzzloading inc

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lhleggtowner

Reaction score
Couple questions
What happened to the folks that used to convert the h and r guns? The website was smokelessmuzzloadinginc.com I believe. He done a conversion for me years ago.

Question 2

If or has anyone tried the pitman or some other bullet that fits the lands and groves instead of a sabot?

Thanks a lot.

Lh

How do you get the proper size for the bore? I seen where custom rifle builders size each bullet to the barrel. Thanks.
It just takes a little time. You adjust the die just a single notch at a time until you can push a bullet down the barrel (breech plug removed). You don't want it so loose that the bullet comes off the propellant, and you don't want it so tight you have to pound it down.

It just takes a little time. You adjust the die just a single notch at a time until you can push a bullet down the barrel (breech plug removed). You don't want it so loose that the bullet comes off the propellant, and you don't want it so tight you have to pound it down.
Roger that. Thanks a bunch

Couple questions
What happened to the folks that used to convert the h and r guns? The website was smokelessmuzzloadinginc.com I believe. He done a conversion for me years ago.

Question 2

If or has anyone tried the pitman or some other bullet that fits the lands and groves instead of a sabot?

Thanks a lot.

Lh

Do you mean an H&R 45-70?

Well I ordered some 502 diameter bullets. Thor’s. Anyone shot them. I figure I will have to buy that sizer but that’s cool. I’ll know what size to order after that.

Back