Spoilin' Boop

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
About the only thing about Boop, my Remington 760 (.35 Remington), I don't find myself too fond of is her trigger.
It's not terrible, but it doesn't help either and there have been times when it was a distraction. Inconsistent and gritty.
I decided to get a Timney spring and sear kit. The kit is well reviewed and I'm hoping for good results. I know a bolt action quality trigger is a LONG shot, but any improvement will be warmly welcomed.
Even though I believe breechloaders to be a passing fad, especially if the #÷*% yankee government has its way, this rifle has really grown on me. She did me a solid this past season with two fine deer to her credit, and one a 9 pointer.
Who knows? Mayhaps I'll look for some FANCY wood for her... She's earned some spiffery.

Got the Timney for Boop.
Super easy to install and the results are outstanding! Still has a touch of creep, but she's now a wonderful 3 pound pull! Very consistent and very controllable. Well worth the $.
Gotta load up some rounds and see if the sub inch ( and several sub half inch) groups she's been teasing me with lately are just lucky.
Or something else...

Ok!
Did some work at 200 yards and I must say the new trigger has paid off!
Three 3 shot groups, using a 200 gr FTX over 43 grains of LVR, chrono'd 2311 fps, were as follows:
1 & 15/16ths
1 & 15/16ths
2 & 1/4.
Overlap of the groups could hardly have been better. This is about a 30% improvement over previous results.
Kinda puts Boop in a new light!
Brush gun my...

Back