Stripers on cut bait.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
Can you guys tell me how to do that? Also when is it an effective technique ? I have never done it and I was wondering if it would be effective on those high pressure, blue bird sky days.

Rifleman said:
Can you guys tell me how to do that? Also when is it an effective technique ? I have never done it and I was wondering if it would be effective on those high pressure, blue bird sky days.

Good thread RMan!

I copied my post from my Fat Cat Thread to here.

"I was anchored over some decent rock structure on a drop.

I was rigged with a 3/0 Beak Style Baitholder hook fished with a 1/2 oz -1 Oz (pending how fast current was pullin) Dipsey style swivel sinker on Fish Finder rig. I put a diagram up below but I like the swivel bank style sinkers for heavy rock structure and I use 25 LB flurocarbon leader to Beak hook for Cats. Probably dont need the flurocarbon but I got so much of it tryin to use up. :D

I take manhaden and fillet straight along backbone to half fish, then cut strips bout 4-5 inched long. I leave as much of the guts etc. hangin on strip. I'm anchored and then just flip out down current and thats it.

We do chumming for Stripers(fishin cut bait) in the Mid Bay but Friday I wasnt chumming & they were coming in to the cut bait. Menhaden(aka bunker) has a very strong smell & very oily. I gonna put a rod out next week to try the cut bait plus one live lining White Perch plus one to cast artificial. I'll have it all covered! :lol: "

fishfinderherringriglg.jpg

Latest posts

Back