Strykeforce impressions

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobstrait

Reaction score
Used my new Strykeforce this past 2009 season to take a nice 10 point and a doe. The hardest part was forcing myself to hold low enough with my red dot sight. Had it zeroed for 30 yards, hold at maximum 2" low on 20 yard and under shots, 3 inches high at 40 yards. It is a well made crossbow, and the narrow width makes it easy to carry in the woods and shoot from the stand. It's fairly quiet to shoot, and shoots very well from a solid rest with time to take the shot. I don't have a trigger pull weight scale, let's just say the weight of trigger pull is a detriment to field accuracy. The place I bought it from the guy said he's found it best when shooting this crossbow to try to develop a consistent way to "just yank the trigger." I suppose I could find that humorous if I didn't own one. The rear hole for sling swivel studs was just that, unthreaded. Took a bit of work to get studs in both front and rear, ended up epoxying them in. I really like everything about this bow except for the trigger, it's so bad that if I can find another one this coming summer that measures up to this one with a good trigger I'll be buying it.

Back