Susquehanna White Perch Run Report

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
Got down yesterday afternoon to fish Lower Susquehanna last couple hours of day but didnt launch due to 20 mph winds kickin up the chop just above 95 bridge (above Havre de Grace, MD). I did learn of some crappie areas that are really turning on(lakes tributaries etc.) so i least came back with a MD NR License to hittem next trip. I'm now covered for both tidal & non-tidal. Wow $52 (W/O) Trout Stamp). This MD fishing is starting to get xpensive between the $40 Bay Sport License & $52 NR Fishing License. Its what we(PA) charge the MD guys so I cant gripe too much. :lol: Stripers dont open till June1.

Talked to locals & they said NO WHITE PERCH run this year. First year I ever heard of this. Its an annual run from ocean, up cheasapeake & on up susquehanna river.

I just read the MD DNR 4/19 Fishing Report & they have acknowleged this.

Anyone have any thoughts whuts up?

4/19 DNR Report: DNR Report:

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries/fi ... apeake.asp

Well Loggy after what happened with the NYC transit union strike, I am sure the perch figured they better stay on the job rather then risk huge fines being levied against the membership. :shock: :lol:

:lol: AMEN!!!

Live lining white perch is one of my favorite striper techniques....now not sure where I will be able to pick-up some for bait. Used to catchem & put in livewell. Artifical whatevers are always ready to step-up!!! :lol:

I just read MD DNR Fishing Report that the white perch finally showed up....about 1 month later than normal. Wont be able to get out until 5/26 week before...MD's opener for striped bass. Least the stripers will have something to feed on...hopefully a white perch on my hook! :lol:

Back