T/C Coming back????

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 4 T/C ML's with lifetime warranty & they left millions of us high & dry ! I don't care if they ever come back or not. I am old school and you get your one time screwing me over !

That's some insane reasoning.

Much like hating the new, Ruger owned, Marlin Firearms Co. because they won't service or honor the warranty of the New Haven produced rifles of yesteryear.

It's not Ruger's (or Marlin's fault for that matter) that they were previously owned by Remington, who ran the company into the ground & screwed over their customers with poor quality/service...

Just can't make some people happy. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Wouldn't that depend on the price of the new T/C? Or do you have information the rest of us don't have?
“IF” this comes to pass, I guess it would depend on the new price structure, but I’ve watched TC stuff closely and know for a fact that a lot of people have paid RIDICULOUS prices for used Encore and Contender stuff recently.

“IF” this comes to pass, I guess it would depend on the new price structure, but I’ve watched TC stuff closely and know for a fact that a lot of people have paid RIDICULOUS prices for used Encore and Contender stuff recently.
I agree prices listed have been very high for some of this stuff on Gunbroker and eBay. I found a far more reasonable source of T/C parts on another site. Just like Blackhorn, people will pay what they can afford.

My two concerns will be price and quality. If the quality isn't there then the price means nothing to me.

I agree prices listed have been very high for some of this stuff on Gunbroker and eBay. I found a far more reasonable source of T/C parts on another site. Just like Blackhorn, people will pay what they can afford.

My two concerns will be price and quality. If the quality isn't there then the price means nothing to me.
MeWe TC pages have had “more reasonable” prices, but they’ve still been inflated.

That's some insane reasoning.

Much like hating the new, Ruger owned, Marlin Firearms Co. because they won't service or honor the warranty of the New Haven produced rifles of yesteryear.

It's not Ruger's (or Marlin's fault for that matter) that they were previously owned by Remington, who ran the company into the ground & screwed over their customers with poor quality/service...

Just can't make some people happy. 🤷‍♂️
R U having a bad hair day ? This is America, i did not move to China. R U through with getting on my butt ?

CVA is everywhere. It would be hard to compete in the market. The product offering would have to be price competitive; too many people are looking for bottom dollar not quality, not that CVAs aren't worth it, but there have been a lot of reported issues and maybe not the best resolutions. Bring back the Omega it has a awesome reputation.
Not sure about that. I would guess that CVA right now probably sells more muzzleloaders than Knight and Woodman arms combined. I would guess Traditions probably sell more than the two US builders as well.
Just a guess.
Yeah i was just thinking of the USA based makers. So hard to compete against the overseas builders on price. But quality tho, they don't even compare imho.

It’ll be interesting to see exactly what he actually owns and what he does with it. I personally doubt that sidelocks will be a part of it.
I agree. IN MY OPINION, bring back traditional muzzleloaders would be a money losing proposition, because other than the people on this board, I don’t know a single person that hunts with or even shoots a sidelock.
The vast majority of muzzleloader hunters aren’t really muzzleloader enthusiasts but only use them to add more days to their hunting season.

I agree. IN MY OPINION, bring back traditional muzzleloaders would be a money losing proposition, because other than the people on this board, I don’t know a single person that hunts with or even shoots a sidelock.
The vast majority of muzzleloader hunters aren’t really muzzleloader enthusiasts but only use them to add more days to their hunting season.
I do believe your spot on with view on product making. Either they are going back to the CF components & maybe an Inline black powder rifle thrown in.

Back