Tar-Hunt....Range Report Pics...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MK85Shooter said:
JC,

That is fantastic shooting regardless of the weapon. As much as I've tried, I can't get my Ithaca Deerslayer II to break the 1.5" barrier, even in ideal conditions. I have not tried the Partition Golds in it yet, but I can't imagine getting anything close to those type of results out of the Ithaca. You've got yourself a real tack-driver there!!

Chris

MK,

Please don't let this group influence your confidence in your Ithaca. I have spent the past few years attempting to put together an extremely accurate slug gun. In fact before owning this gun, I have never been able to get repeatable groups smaller than the 1.5" even with my best gun, a Savage 210. While I am confident that the Savage could do better, I simply could not make it happen.

This brings me back to my point. The Tar-Hunt is 100% designed for accuracy. That means that even a novice shooter will be able to produce outstanding groups with such a gun. I credit this outstanding accuracy as much to the design of the Mcmillan stock, as I do to the design of the action/barrel. However, the reality is with a custom bedded McMillan stock costing close to 700$ alone, it is clear that it is unfair to compare this gun to others that do not have such inherent advantages.

JC

Jeff, I think if one invests couple a grand into a a slug gun, CF, ML, 22 etc. one can reasonably expect outstanding groups(or at least should) far exceeding an "out of the box" factory production.

I went to TH's Web & im really impressed with their guns per my read & ur report here to say the least :)

If I were to ever go to slug gun huntin as my main....the TH would be my No. 1 choice!! I have read of the TH before but ur Report here puts the "rubber to the road" ! :wink:

As far as bein better than an Ithaca Deerslayer II, Savage 210 etc....on paper it certainly should be but on game.....likely no measurable difference or advantage in typical slug gun huntin ranges.

Great report Jeff. I am absolutely IMPRESSED!!! Great shooting slug gun!!

Spitpatch said:
Jeff,
Is the Q-Ray bracelett your REAL secret? :lol:

Patch,

That is a sterling silver bracelet made in Mexico by an artisan known to me only by his inscription "Phillip T". I was given the bracelet as a gift around 92' or so. It has been on my wrist every day since....

NUG....Clinton, is there some reason that makes you think it is not 100yds? Do you think the state jipped me on that too...? :wink:

Jeff.
You probably OK. Clinton listed as 100 yard range. :poke:
By the way, awesome groups.
I?m just trying to convince you to join ANJRPC ? the main organization protecting our sport in NJ.

Latest posts

Back