The Revenant movie clips

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Now this had me almost crying!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/g_v2O8OYvCo" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

His opinion was the truth. "Based on true events, which never happened" Can't get much funnier than that!

I suppose Star Wars would get the 5 star review. I agree Muley there entertainment. Movies with total accuracy can be boring. The last version of the Alamo was boring with accuracy. Al

Personally, I like authentic documentaries without added special effects. Sometimes what others actually did was more astounding than any Hollywood gimmickry.

I saw a movie from the '50s called "The Naked Prey" starring Cornel Wilde. It's a take off of Colter's Run only in Africa with natives instead of Indians. It's about as close as Hollywood ever gets to being accurate.

iu

You have to admit it,  the trailer commentary does make you smile just a little. :)

The problem is nobody knows the real story of Hugh Glass. Some doubt he was ever mauled by a bear. Telling tall tales was very popular with the mountain men back then.

It makes no sense to call the movie not true when nobody knows the real truth.

Smokin' Joe said:
You have to admit it,  the trailer commentary does make you smile just a little. :)
 It's obvious that the guy doesn't like the sky. :scratch:

Yeah, and I like them.

Probably why I called him an asshole. (among other things)

some doubt he was mauled by a bear?!! WAUGH! What kind of fool believes that?

How about Jed Smith, was he just mauled by a skunk while he was out diggin for roots? :lol:

We know a lot more about Jed. Eye witnesses and pictures of him. Ever see a picture of Hugh? Where's the eye witness of the mauling? Did he crawl back to civilization? Where's the proof?

Jim Bridger was supposed to be there. Has he ever written about it?

I'm not saying some of it didn't happen, but to be so sure it all happened is naive.

no pictures of smith in the 1830's. They were drawings and there is one drawing of Glass.

Jim Bridgers, Fitsgerald and the rest of the whole crew that were there to witness and make the decision to move on and leave a couple behind the watch.

Jim Bridger couldn't even write his name, so that would explain a lot.

no pictures of smith in the 1830's. They were drawings and there is one drawing of Glass.

Drawing of Jed is proven to be true. Plus, Jed himself talked about the mauling in his writings.

Jim Bridgers, Fitsgerald and the rest of the whole crew that were there to witness and make the decision to move on and leave a couple behind the watch.

So, the unproven story goes.

Jim Bridger couldn't even write his name, so that would explain a lot.

He was interviewed a lot in later years. What he said is available.

Does it really matter if the Hugh Glass story were true or not? Its still just entertainment.

That's what I said. So, don't get your panties twisted up if the movie isn't true.

The trailer is stupid made by a stupid idiot.

Back