Thinking about casting sabots for my 50 cal CVA wolf.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I’ve got quite a few power belt bullets That I bought on clearance. However they seem a bit spendy to replace at $25-$30 for 15.

I cast 00 buckshot and a couple different shotgun slugs.

How’s the preformance of these bullets in a sabot for muzzleloaders?

Thinking I’t be nice to cast my own so it doesn’t cost $2 a bullet.

Last edited:
I’m new to muzzleloading….had a rifle for 12yrs never shot it. With a 50cal maxi ball mold….what do u use to gas seal it? A patch?

Mine get some crisco or crisco/beeswax in the bottom lube ring and shoved down the barrel right on top of the powder. 425 grains of 54 goodness

Though I do need to experiment with an op wad ...

I’m new to muzzleloading….had a rifle for 12yrs never shot it. With a 50cal maxi ball mold….what do u use to gas seal it? A patch?
Nothing other than (PURE LEAD )lube bottom groove only over a dry Dura Seal (oversized 54 ) felt wad . Shoot all day no lead . Does not work on anything else but pure . Mine works over 80-90 gr OE 3f /Ed

So I’ve got quite a few power belt bullets That I bought on clearance. However they seem a bit spendy to replace at $25-$30 for 15.

I cast 00 buckshot and a couple different shotgun slugs.

How’s the preformance of these bullets in a sabot for muzzleloaders?

Thinking I’t be nice to cast my own so it doesn’t cost $2 a bullet.
I may have a maxi ball mold you can have for the price of shippingPM me if your interested.

Back