Those LONG HOT SUMMERS

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m a paper puncher. I know some guys don’t care much for shooting paper targets, but that's something I really enjoy. I can spend long hours on our hunting club’s rifle range playing with different guns and loads, and putting holes in paper.

The problem is – those long hot and humid summers here in S.E. Louisiana. It's not a lot of fun shooting when your underwear is wetter than an old mop, your glasses are fogged and sweat is running in your eyes.

NOT THIS YEAR by gum. We now have an enclosed shooting house (the A/C will be installed next weekend). Open the big windows when the weather is nice, and shoot through the port holes when the A/C is running.

The 350-yard range is right next to our club campground.

See it here: The Shooting House - YouTube

Last edited:
I’m a paper puncher. I know some guys don’t care much for shooting paper targets, but that's something I really enjoy. I can spend long hours on our hunting club’s rifle range playing with different guns and loads, and putting holes in paper.

The problem is – those long hot and humid summers here in S.E. Louisiana. It's not a lot of fun shooting when your underwear is wetter than an old mop, your glasses are fogged and sweat is running in your eyes.

NOT THIS YEAR by gum. We now have an enclosed shooting house (the A/C will be installed next weekend). Open the big windows when the weather is nice, and shoot through the port holes when the A/C is running.

The 350-yard range is right next to our club campground.

See it here: The Shooting House - YouTube
I also enjoy paper I grew up on it so it's nice but I'm not in Louisiana it's too hot down there

Back