Timney and .450 Bushmaster

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Even though the wind was from the east off the big lake at 16mph and gusts to 26, I wanted to test a Timney I'd been having binding problems with in my .450 Bushmaster. A little trimming in the stock completely stopped the binding problem.

UF .450 Bushmaster "Game Breaker" bolt action
Reloads: 37.9grs Lil'Gun, Hornady 250gr FTX.
Range: 100yds

IMG_1156.jpg

Very Cool. Glad you found the problem. Sometimes it's the little things that stump us. That Game Breaker does shoot great! :yeah:

BuckDoeHunter said:
That's nice shooting with those gusty winds!

Where was the binding located at?

The stock is an HS Precision with the full aluminum bedding block w/pillars and part of the stock, not the aluminum, was touching the front trigger adjustment screw. I took an exacto knife and cured the issue.

IMG_1147.jpg

Sometimes i wonder if your rangefinder is broken and it adds an extra zero on distances. :lol: . Just kidding. That's an impressive group again

That's impressive shooting. I have a Timney trigger in my weapon and have shot 3/8" groups at 100 yards. Your shooting has inspired me to see how well I can shoot at 300 yards.

Dirtfarmer said:
That's impressive shooting. I have a Timney trigger in my weapon and have shot 3/8" groups at 100 yards. Your shooting has inspired me to see how well I can shoot at 300 yards.

Doing that every day isn't easy :wink: Shoot on a day with no wind, or very little. I've seen some just astonishing groups with the .450 Bushmaster. Guys are reloading many different kinds of bullets and most are extremely accurate if the shooter is capable. I reloaded 100 rounds yesterday of the Hornady 200gr FTX, which are just plinking rounds for my 100yd home range.

Dirtfarmer said:

FYI........... I found another spot that was putting a little pressure on the trigger. With that BDL trigger guard, I found that one of the rivits (I guess that's what it is), sticking out from the side of the trigger, was resting on the trigger guard rail. I touched it with the dremel and relieve that area too.

ENCORE50A said:
........... I reloaded 100 rounds yesterday of the Hornady 200gr FTX, which are just plinking rounds for my 100yd home range.

Ended up having to pull all the 200gr FTX bullets. They were to short and left to much of an air gap in the case.

Back